Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I moved the coffee maker

I have been very annoyed with so many things on the counter. To the right of the sink especially annoyed me.  The coffee maker, coffees, and toaster all sat out.   We only use the coffee maker when we have company and they want coffee. We also rarely use the toaster. Too bad there isn't enough cabinet space to hide the toaster when we aren't using it.  (Pardon the before picture. I just did a bunch of dishes from when we had company and a few things that were on the stove and thus weren't washed before.) Seeing all the dishes there kind of shows how little room there is.
Well I moved the coffee maker to the left of the sink. I was going to move the toaster but then realized the coffee mugs are right above the new home for the coffee maker so that made the most sense.  At first I had the coffees to the right of the maker but then the hose from the faucet didn't reach the maker to fill the water container so I swapped them and it just barely reaches.  I see this going badly when we have a lot of dirty dishes piled up. When we have company usually people want coffee with dessert and that means all the dinner plates will be over in this area.  We'll see if I can handle it.  
If I can handle it, to the right of the sink is so much nicer. I don't know why I want the counter space but I do with a passion. I would love it if the toaster would be put away. My husband probably wants the blender thing on the counter now that I made room. 
I think I put the can opener in a cabinet. Almost all cans that we use have the pull off top. If we need it, we'll get it out. Plus the can opener was purchased in college and was the cheapest one Walmart sells. 

I felt very accomplished after making this change. I have wanted to make room on the right there for probably more than a year. Do you ever have something that you just want to change in your house/apartment and it takes you over a year to make the change?

(Before pictures taken September 4 and after pictures taken September 6.)

No comments:

Post a Comment