Friday, April 10, 2015


For the second day in a row Ella woke up at 5:30!

I brought Ella into bed at 6 AM. She was yawning but didn't want to go into her crib. I read to her quietly for awhile. She did not go to sleep.  Eventually Dave woke up. Well he woke up a few times and went back to sleep.  I fell asleep around 7. Ella was content on the bed for awhile. But then she went exploring in the reading room and found stuff.  Then she woke me up because she flipped our bathroom scale. She slightly broke it, too.

We dropped Dave off at work and I stopped to look at shelves I was thinking of buying. I wanted to make sure they would disassemble. I didn't have tools so couldn't do it then.  I was a little late getting home but had warned Diana. I changed quickly and was outside just as Diana and Kathryn were there. I didn't get extra run getting to them. Now I know if I meet them there it's less than 2.5 miles.  I didn't have my watch on yet so they had to walk a couple steps. I felt bad holding them up but they didn't mind of course. Ella was in her PJs + hoodie + shoes. I didn't have time to get her dressed.

I took Ella to story time at the library. This story time was the best. The librarian sang and played a keyboard.  But I'd say about half the songs I never even heard of. Ella didn't want to stay still so much. We tried to take a few pictures after but it's hard work when she can just walk off.

As soon as I put her in the car she started crying. She cried all the way until we were about 15 seconds from home and then she fell asleep!  I woke her up to get her in the house. I changed her diaper and she was not happy with any of that.  I nursed and she fell asleep almost right away. After I finished telling a few people about how she fell asleep in the car so close to home, I put her in her crib. I was able to shower and eat lunch and then she woke up.  For the 2nd day in a row she woke up freaking out crying and screaming.  Even when I picked her up she was doing the same thing.  She only calmed when she started to nurse again.   For the 2nd day in a row she fell back to sleep. For the 2nd day in a row she woke up and went back to sleep a few times.  Overall she napped almost 4 hours!!!

Once she was up, I tried to feed her but she just threw all the food on the floor.  Then we headed out to pick up used storage shelves I bought from someone from a facebook group.  Luckily the seller's husband came down to help me disassemble because it would have been tough alone. Plus he had scrap wood so it helped with the rubber mallet. I brought the mallet but the wood helped so much.  We had to break them down a bit to get both into the car while Ella's carseat was in there. But we didn't have to fully break it down.  Ella was so good in her carseat reading for the first half hour of it but then she started to whine a bit.

We picked Dave up after. We had to wait a bit for him.

Then we headed home and assembled 1 of the shelves. We don't have room for the second yet.  It was quite challenging to work while Ella could walk wherever. She liked being in her wagon but then didn't want to stay. Then I got her stroller and buckled her in. She was so excited until she realized she wasn't going for a walk or to the park.

We got inside and I cooked dinner. I made fajitas. Ella didn't eat them though! She had other food though. I started with blueberries and she just picked each one up and flew it behind her. But other things turned out better.

Once dinner was done, she hung out in the living room with Dave. Well Dave lied on the couch reading and she sat on the floor right by him reading. I didn't get to finish doing all the dishes before Ella wanted to go to bed.  It was late for her. It was about 8 PM. I meant to give her a bath but never got to that.

Ella never cried in her crib but it took her about 20 min to go to sleep. She had covers instead of her sleep sack and she had them off within minutes.

Dave and I finally cut Poly's nails. They weren't as bad as I thought they'd be since I've been saying that they needed to be cut for the past month. I think they should be cut every few weeks so needing to be cut and waiting a month should make them so bad.  It's going to be great when they aren't sticking into my clothes.

We watched 2 episodes of House of Cards. I forget who people were. I think I need a better recap.

Dave's new favorite hot sauce


  1. Once they're walking and going where they want it's so much harder to do anything, I swear.

    1. It's nice ahes more independent and can give me a break. But really she doesn't and it just causes more mess and causes me to get even less done.