Friday, April 3, 2015

2.20


Ella woke up and was still sick. I sat with Ella in the bathroom with the shower on as hot as it would go. We were in there about 10 minutes but Ella wasn't too happy to be doing that.
I ended up emailing Ella's doctor since her illness is still going strong at a week. Her doctor was out sick but another doctor replied within 10 minutes! Since she had a cold over a week, the doctor suggested coming in to make sure it was nothing else.

Dave had the car so I had to get in touch with him before trying to make an appointment.  Once I called we got a 4:20 appointment.

Dave drove the car home before lunch then we drove him back to work. Ella was never so happy to see him. But then once she could see the work parking lot she started looking sad.

All day she started to seem to act better and better.

She went down for a nap and I actually had to wake her to go to the doctors. I barged in to her room when she was sleeping and she slept right through it!   Since I had to wake her and change her clothes, we were going to be right on time instead of early. But then I didn't account for crazy traffic. I couldn't even get on the on ramp.  We ended up 3 minutes late by the time I got to reception.  But then I had to wait in line for 5 people to check in. So then we ended up 10 minutes late so the receptionist had to go check to make sure he would still see Ella. She said they would see the other patients who arrived ahead of me first.  Ella sure didn't want to stay seated. I had to block her into a chair while we waited. Luckily the wait out there wasn't too long and then we got to wait a little bit more in the exam room.

The nurse had Ella stand on the adult scale and stand to get her height taken.

The doctor said nothing else seemed wrong and it was just viral and it would take time. He said to keep doing what I was doing.

Of course Ella didn't cough once at the doctor's office. She also barely had any dripping snot. I think he was holding it in because she didn't want to go to the doctor's.  After we left, I let her look at the fish in the fish tank. I think she was so happy to not get shots. She tried to share her tongue depressor with a 10 month old.   She pointed to the fish saying "cat" because right now all animals are cats to her.

We picked up Dave right after the doctor's office. Then we went to KFC drive-thru right after that.  Ella actually ate some mashed potatoes. She liked to feed herself though so I'd put the spoon down on the high chair tray for her.

After dinner, she was practicing drinking out of a sippy cup. She finally got tilting her head back to get the liquid of a sippy cup and loved to practice it. She often uses a straw cup but with the runny nose AND since she dug one out of the cupboard, I let her drink water from a sippy cup.

Ella picked up one of her swaddle blankets from the ground and gave it a hug when she was ready for bead. She was so cute about it. I've been trying to get her to tell me when she wanted to sleep before she starts to freak out but she never would.
























No comments:

Post a Comment