Friday, February 26, 2010

Friday ...

I'm sick of snow ruining things.


This morning I have to shovel 4 inches or so of snow. The roads are the worst they have been so far. On my way to work I learn Mars School District is closed for today. That means I'm not presenting there today but will Monday now.
It took 38 minutes to get to work instead of 15-20.
I was super busy all day at work. Swamped like crazy. And then it was the first time like ever that I got a million emails on my gmail during work and they were interesting and long and boy was it rough to do that and my work. I still feel like I read the emails too quickly and I might have missed something. Perhaps I should reread them.

Then I had to leave work at 5 to go to the NA-YGN Skate Party. I didn't get to my car until 5:15 though.
This is what the parking lot looked like when leaving work.

Google maps says it will take 39 minutes to get there from work. It took an hour and 20. stupid snow.
The roads were awful once I got close to Schenley Park. I missed my turn twice and had to turn around. Stopping at red lights was hard. I used both feet on the break to get it to stop. Stupid snow. Scary. I don't want to ever drive in the snow again. I wish I had snow tires.

I got to the picnic at 6:40. It started at 6. There were no plates or napkins. I planned ahead and had backup in my car so I went and got them.
I called Brie when I got there to warn her that the roads were bad.
There were 19 people there when I got there. I was concerned it wouldn't be a good turnout. But i think over 40 showed up and 51 said they were coming with 15 tentative. So considering the insane roads, it was an awesome turnout.
At one point I was trying to give Brie directions. I just sent her a screen shot at one point.

I didn't skate at all. I took some pictures which i will post later.
I was 1 of 3 people to win a giftcard.


I got to take fruit and vegetables home. They will work nicely for my Stampin' Up Party tomorrow.
I left there at 11:15 and got home around 12:15


but I had to shovel before i could get up the driveway.


I changed from my work clothes for the skate party (even though I knew I wasn't skating).



Then I played on the computer, uploaded my numbers, sent lots of emails. I should be in bed. People will be here in less than 8 hours. I wish I wasn't hungry.

2 comments:

  1. iamoddd (LiveJournal)February 27, 2010 at 5:47 AM

    I can't get over how much snow yinz have. You really have gotten more than Leadville this year, and Leadville should be ashamed of itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. smilincolleen (LiveJournal)February 27, 2010 at 8:38 AM

    It sucks. We need a wider driveway.

    ReplyDelete