Thursday, May 9, 2019

#itsmomchallenge (Week 1)

My friend Amy started posting pictures about a challenge to her instagram stories. Then after 3 days I looked into it properly and decided to join in. @Cristin_More is doing it for the month of May. If you look at any of her IMC highlight bubbles you can learn about it.  The goal is to get moms into pictures. We always take pictures of the kids or even of dads and kids but we aren't in them.  I started doing it because I always wish I was in photos. Also to get photos of everyday things instead of just special occasions. Also they are always selfies.  Cristin says to ask people to take pictures (even strangers) and get some. So far I have just propped the phone, used a remote, or used an app on my phone to take a photo on my good camera. I learned about the app because of this challenge.

Cristin tends to post pictures like she normally takes and then also one with her so that made me create collages too.  I tried to post older pictures to catch up for May but also tried to do 2 things in one day just to just get myself in more photos.   I started on the 5th but then went back to figure out some older photos. I was not in a decent photo on May 1 but I attempted to count it.

I've started using a program I had downloaded years ago. I use Canva to make the collages. I wish it had a spell check though. I also started to use the Canon Connect app to use it as a remote. I also really like that I can get the pictures from the good camera to my phone immediately.  I downloaded DSLR remote but wasn't very happy with it. It didn't work at first and then when I was able to connect the camera to the app, I didn't have enough free time to play with it. I also broke down and downloaded Lightroom for my phone. The first photo I edited, I wasn't that impressed. It was very similar to the original. But then later, I took an iphone pic in poor lighting and edited that and it got a lot better.

The collage above is from Family Fun Day at preschool. I took over 300 pictures on my good camera and a few on my phone. I managed to get a selfie in the photo booth but the family wouldn't pose with me. I'm the one who even set that up. The picture where I'm holding Ella's hand a teacher took.
5/1
I was nursing and had to see what Miles was up to. I used my phone to let me know what was going on. He was noisy and messy but uninjured so all was well. 

5/2
I fixed Ella's necklace with needle nose pliers while holding Liam.
5/3
Preschool on Friday during circle time. Liam went since I went. All the kids sit on their parents's laps. Miles still sits on mine even when I am wearing Liam. Liam did get quite hot in there.
5/5
We went shoe shopping. The bottom picture is just a selfie. I did try to prop my phone and take a picture but it was mostly on nothing and only half of us were in it.
5/5

I propped my phone using a timer but ended up blocking Liam's face with the rattle. Oops.
We took the training wheels off Ella's bike and practiced with her. She still needs some more practice. Dave and I took turns helping her stay steady. Miles played on the playground or ran around. 
Before school, Miles has a slight fever and was cranky. I moved the plastic table into the living room so he could watch TV while he ate. (I messed up the oatmeal and it was too dry. Oops) I was wearing a scarf because I was cold so then Miles wanted to wear a scarf too. I only had so many decorative scarves to choose from. I already wore my black one earlier in the week and lost it somewhere in the house/car. 
5/7
I used the 50 mm lens on these ones. The app was pretty cool. I wasn't going to use the ones with my phone in the picture while I was trying things out, but then I thought how everyday life is more like I do something on my phone while I am holding a kid so I decided to include those.

What do you think of this challenge? Would you ever do something like this? Do you find you are in a lot of pictures or that they are lacking? 

No comments:

Post a Comment