Monday, May 20, 2019

Liam's 5th Week (5.19.19)

5/13
Well we were all hit with being sick this week. Liam held off the first 2 days but then he got sick. I had to use the bulb syringe so many times.  His breathing still wasn't clear but it would help some. He hated it and would cry though. For 2 nights he basically only slept if I held him at the exact angle and he still would whine or wake often.  In the middle of the week we propped the one side of the mattress so he could sleep at angle.  That helped.

I feel like this week once his growth spurt was over, he would sleep for longer stretches during the day than he would at night. Granted sometimes it probably isn't like that but when I try to sleep and fail. Near the end of the week, I did a better job not falling asleep in the chair but still sometimes I'd put him in and he'd wake up just as I was getting into bed.
5/15
One night I typed when I went in and when I went back to bed. but not even the entire night. I think I was with Liam at 11 or 12 and still with Ella and Miles until 10 but I didn't go back and look it up.

Part of my night
1:10 awake with Liam
1:30 back to bed
3 Miles awake
3:25 back to bed
4:40 Liam awake
5:10 to crib
5:13 awake
5:56 back to crib

Liam's head control has improved so much. He holds his head up so much.   
5/15
Dave put Liam down for tummy time while I put away laundry and he rolled over. He wouldn't do it again when I came back to watch.

When Liam wakes back up right away, I can't seem to rock him back to sleep but have to nurse again. But then sometimes he's back to sleep in 1 minute of nursing but he won't sleep without the nursing. 
5/17
I cannot get over how much Liam spits up. There are many of times it's a little amount but then more often than I'd like it's all of his milk he drank. I've had to change my clothes a few times. I've had to change his clothes more than that. One time it hit both boppies, burp cloth, blanket, his clothes, swaddle sack, my shirt, my 2 hoodies, my pants, and the chair.  It is not fun. One time he was eating and stopped to pull his mouth off to spit up and it all bounced off of me and hit his face and then bounced in all directions.  I feel so bad for him. 

I think Liam smiled this week but I didn't get a picture. Then Dave said he thought Liam smiled at him too. 
5/19
I used the bulb syringe for the first time this week. 

When we go to school, he ends up falling asleep with all the noise. At home that doesn't tend to happen. 


5/19
This week was not as busy because I had to cancel PT on Tuesday and Thursday and cancel a dentist appointment on Tuesday. We also missed a going away party. All because we were sick. We left the house the least this week because of being sick. He still went to preschool a couple times.  Dave was so sick I did drop off and pick-up a couple times. 

This should have been Dave's first week back to work but he was so sick he didn't go in the entire week. But at the beginning of the week, he was so sick he was in bed the entire time so not only was I sick but I was doing everything. It was awful.   I can't wait until we are healthy. 

Here are some more from the week.
5/14

5/14

5/15

5/16 spit up

5/17

5/17

5/18

5/18


5/18

5/19

2 comments:

  1. oh wow a sick 1 month old sounds absolutely miserable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes the lack of sleep even worse than normal. And nursing for a little then crying because the cold impacts nursing is sad times.

      Delete