Sunday, May 26, 2019

Liam 1 Month Update

I'm keeping the same headings that I did with Ella and Miles.

Stats:
  • Weight: 10 lb 11 oz - 74th percentile 
  • Height: 23.5" - 99.5th percentile
  • Head Circumference: 39 cm - 93rd percentile
  • BMI: 15.35 kg/m^2 - 16%
  • Weight/Length Percentile: 0.7%
  • Diapers: Size N until we ran out and then size 1. We never actually bought our own size 1 it was just the bag from the hospital. 
  • Clothing: Newborn size, 0-3 months, or 3. A few are bigger based on the label but they are just as small as newborn size. 
  • Shoe Size: N/A
  • Teeth: 0
(stats using WHO. I never remember which ones I use each month.)

Sleep
I never woke Liam up every 3 hours to eat. He mostly was up before that was up but at night he slept a bit longer. He slept 4 hours a few times.
He has napped in his crib, on me, in his chair thing, in the stroller, in his basinet, and in the car.  Mostly he naps in his crib but I also try to keep him around the noise so he will nap in his basinet too. Maybe it's sleep deprivation but I feel like he sleeps for longer stretches during the day when I can't be napping than at night.

He seems good at waking up and getting a diaper change then eating and falling asleep at night. During the day he maybe do that or he stays up for a bit of time.

According to my app he sleeps between 10 times a day in May and 9 times a day in April.  He sleeps 16 hours a day in May and 17 in April. (I often wish I had a kid born on the 1st so the monthly stats for the calendar month will also correspond to the age.)
Eating
He has a little over 2 hours of breastfeeding a day according to my app.
Mainly he nurses on 1 side per feeding. The only time I seem to nurse on a second side in one sitting is when he wakes back up after a few minutes and then instead of nursing on the same side, I nurse on the other side or if he spits up everything he just ate.

He's been given 3 bottles. The first 2 were from my mom. The third bottle was from Dave. He spit up all over Dave so I guess he didn't like that one!

He's had a little amount of spit up twice and a lot of spit up 2 times after/while nursing.  On the days he spit up a lot, he seems hungrier at the end of the night.


Sample Schedule:
I don't think I have anything for this now but in future months I'd like it.
By the end of the month he started being tired and wanting to nurse slowly and be rocked to fall asleep around 8 and asleep by a little after 9. Then he sleeps 3-4.5 hours before waking. Too bad Ella is awake for the first part of this so I can't enjoy his longest stretch of the night. Then his 2nd stretch is 2.5-3.5 hours long. Then the next ones tend to be closer to an hour!
In the evening he is cranky for a couple hours most nights. This will start when I have to take him in the car to pick Ella up from preschool. If I don't have to pick Ella up, the cranky time starts a little later.

I nurse on demand. Sometimes he wakes up after a short nap and doesn't want to nurse and other times he will wake up from a short nap and want to nurse.

Special Moments:
On April 16, at the hospital, Liam's diaper was half on. Then he had a big poop. It was so messy. Then cleaning that, he shot pee. (A nurse left his diaper on incorrectly. And the clean up took awhile because there were not enough wipes and there were no spare blankets.) The hospital paperwork keeps having our old address in Los Altos. They claim at registration I put our old address. There is no way. I filled out our current address and also corrected every nurse with the current address. Liam got hiccups for the first time.
On April 19, Liam had his first poop mid diaper change. It go on sleep sack because I didn’t have a diaper under. Liam went for his first walk (and first walk in the triple stroller).
On April 20, Liam had his first tummy time. He enjoyed it and just rested his head down.
On April 22, his umbilical cord stump fell off.
On April 26, he had a decent amount of spit up. It was his first changing table diaper change (in public). He also had his first sit in the front seat and nurse and that was at Home Depot.
On April 27, It was the first time all 3 kids walked in a parade. (Liam got in his first parade early. He also was in the Ergo the entire time and was nursing.)
On April 29, 2019 He spit up in the crib. (More than he has been)
On April 30, Liam had his first bath. He didn’t cry!
On May 1, Ella was holding Liam and he was hungry. He tried to nurse from her. He spent 4.5 hours at preschool while I did stuff. Liam stayed home with Dave while I left to go get pizza.
On May 2, Liam spit up everywhere. It was so much.
On May 4, Liam spit up all over us again. Nothing like a wake me up. I waited. Then changed him. Then he spit up again. At 7 PM he got his first bottle. Ella fed him. It had 1.5 oz in it.
On May 6, I fell asleep so long in chair that I woke him to nurse and it worked.
On May 7, It was Liam's first time in the swing. But he wanted food so didn’t enjoy it. Dave gave Liam a 1 oz bottle so quick that I made him recreate it for a pic.
On May 9, His face seems broken out.
On May 10, at 7:47 PM, Liam spit up so bad at park. He soaked 2 blankets and his clothes and me. (He seems to spit up a ton often but I only mark it down a few times but maybe I should stop.)
On May 11, I think Liam smiled. (He definitely smiled a couple days later and consistently smiled later so this was probably his first smile.)
On May 13, when I parked the car at preschool, Liam spit up everywhere in the car. He had two big spit ups.
On May 14, Liam has his first poop out of the diaper. It went to his shirt and sleep sack. Liam has a cold. I had to use the bulb syringe a few times. By the end of the day, he was so sick. It was hard to nurse. He cries a lot and chokes sand then spit up. I went in just after midnight and he spit up again.

Other Tidbits:
Likes
He loves it when he's swaddled for sleep.
He likes to nurse on the left side.
He likes Ella.

Dislikes
He doesn't like when he's sprayed so much nursing that he chokes.
He doesn't like to tolerate a wet diaper.
He doesn't like spitting up and then I temporarily cut him off from eating.
He doesn't like it when I change his clothes after he soaks himself with spit up.

Fun Facts
Longest time sleeping: 4 hours 16 minutes  
Days with a sleep greater than 5 hours: 0
Diapers used (from April 14-30): 8 per day 
Diapers used (from May 1-15): 10 per day (I forgot to check before the 15th data was there)
Time spent nursing (from April 14-30): 3 hours 35 minutes per day 
Time spent nursing (from May 1- 15): 4 hours 1 minute  per day  
Time spent sleeping (from April 14-30): 17 hours 6 minutes per day
Time spent sleeping (from May 1- 15): 16 hours 5 minute per day    
illnesses: 1
Doctor visits: 2 (well check visits)

Favorite Toys
none yet

Favorite Songs
none yet

Favorite Books
none yet

Other Tidbits
I can't believe how often I have to do laundry because Liam will spit up so much that I have to change his clothes and my clothes. Liam will get the hiccups after he spits up sometimes. Lots of times his spit up is just a small amount but sometimes it is so much. I try so hard to burp him and fail 90% of the time. Then I have to prop him up a bit for a bit. 

In the middle of the night (most of the time), he wakes up and cries but he's almost asleep while crying. I change his diaper and nurse him. He will fall asleep nursing right away and I have to try to get him to eat longer or he will just wake up shortly.  If I don't get him to burp and lie him down right away, he will spit up. 
By the end of the month, I could no longer nurse him while in the carrier because he was too big. 

For 3 days this month, Liam had a growth spurt and was nursing all the time. It was exhausting. 

My recovery
I was taking 3 Ibuprofen 2x a day because I forgot a lot. It should have been every 8 hours.

My ankles were so swollen for awhile. They still sometimes get swollen if I sleep in the rocking chair.

I lost 17 lbs in the first month. In the first 8 days I was down 2 lbs. That's insane to me because I gave birth to an 8 lb baby! The swelling was just that bad. 

I don't even try to shower everyday but when I want to shower it takes me about 2 days before I even get to shower!

Dave was home for 4 weeks and then sick. When he was sick, I was sick. I definitely over did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment