Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Liam's 3rd Week (5.5.19)

4-29
Liam is 3 weeks old now! I can't believe it. In the middle of the week he went to the doctors for his 2 week well check visit.  He weighed in at 9 lb 9.9 oz. The doctor said he gained about 50 grams a day and the average kid gains 25-35 grams a day so that he is doing great. 
4-29
I've noticed his newborn shirts are too short but not too tight around.  His legs no longer look super skinny to me. They might still be skinny and I got used to them or maybe his slight weight gain helped them. 
4-29
He's more aware of his hands and touches them together. 
4-30 First Bath

Liam had his first bath on Tuesday (April 30) and didn't cry at all.  This was better than Ella's first bath and Miles's first bath. 
His head control has improved greatly in the past week.
5-1
We got out some baby toys this week but he hasn't used or held him. 
5-2
Liam wore the same clothes Miles did and Ella did so I need to dig out old pictures and make comparison collages...but I probably won't find the time to do it considering I didn't type the birth story yet. 
5-2 He spit up a lot.
Ella has given him a pacifier a few times. Once he took it well and the other times not so much.  Ella also gave him his first bottle this week. 
The scale is finally going down for me but near the end of the week I was only down 16 lbs. 
With all the nursing and also interrupted sleep, I'm so cold. I started wearing a scarf this week. (Oddly enough I also wore a scarf around the house when Miles was 3 weeks old. 
5-2 Doctor Visit
Liam will be awake for hours and also be fussy at times. He will nurse and cry and nurse and cry too. He seems to get so mad.  He's spit up 2 major times this week and a few smaller spit ups that I could just catch.
This week on Wednesday, Liam went to preschool from 9:30-2 while I did some volunteer work.  Liam went to PT, his doctor appointment, Costco, and preschool on Thursday. 
On Friday he went to MVPNS preschool and LACP preschool.
On Saturday, he went to LACP for Family Fun Day. 
On Sunday, he went to get donuts but stayed in the car with Dave and then went to Walmart, and then the In N Out Drive Thru.   I can't remember what we did Monday or Tuesday... It's only Sunday but I forget. 
Liam has mostly been asleep in the car or fallen asleep in the car. But when he's awake sometimes he cries the entire time. 
Ella always wants to hold him. Miles sometimes does. Miles only does for a few minutes. Ella wants to hold him a long time. She likes to move him all around and wants to move him how she sees us moving him but she moves very quickly and doesn't support his head enough. 

I added too many pictures so I am just putting a bunch at the end. 

5/2 Head Control

5/3







5/3


5/4





5/4

5/5

5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment