Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Liam's 6th Week (5.26.19)

5-20-19 Getting Miles to Nap
Liam started smiling this week.
5-20-19 Ella likes to stand holding Liam
His face is pretty broken out. His upper back and chest are too.

He's becoming more vocal. He will make noises back at you as you talk to him.
5-21 - I took him out of the Ergo.
He woke up in 10 seconds.
He's still not interested in rattles but he has started to grab my shirt or a blanket. My physical therapist noted how he's sleeping with his hands open now instead of curled up. His legs are also stretched out versus curled up.

I weighed him and he is 11 lbs.  That is 54th percentile for WHO. Miles was 13 lb by this point and Ella was 10 lbs. (So Ella gained 3, Miles gained 4, and Liam gained 3.)
5-22
Liam is awake even more but he still has times where he sleeps, eats, then sleeps right away. This week is the first time I had to stand and sway him to get him to go to sleep.
Monday, he dropped Ella off and picked her up from preschool.
Tuesday he went to PT with me. He went to gymnastics. He also dropped the kids off and picked them up from preschool.
Wednesday, he dropped the kids off and picked them up from school. He also attended a special ballet class that Ella's class was putting on.
Thursday, he went to PT with me. He also dropped off Ella and Miles at school and then picked Ella up. (We had a little jewelry making thing here with a couple of Ella's friends that he was baby worn during.)
Friday, he went to the park for Miles's last day of preschool. Then he picked Ella up at school at the end of the day.
Saturday we didn't leave the house.
Sunday he went to Costco and Trader Joe's. We also ate dinner outside on our back patio.
5-25
This week he slept 1 time 5 hours and 55 minutes. That's his longest by an hour and a half!  His naps are shorter during the day. He's getting a little better at sleeping longer at night but still has those half hour times when I didn't get him to burp.
On our way to gymnastics, he spit up a ton in the car seat. I'm shocked how it was so much it ran down the buckle hole and had a ton sitting in the base.
5-26
He grew out of his new born swaddles so my mom bought him 2 woombie swaddles. I don't think I bought them this young with Miles but also can't find Miles's small ones anyway.  They are great. It's just sad when he spits up all over them right away.

He hates the monkey bouncer but will chill on the bed for a bit when I have to run into the bathroom.

I still have ~30 lb to loose! That's double what I had to lose at this point with Ella.


Here are a few more pictures from the week.
5-20-19
5-20
5-21

5-21 - at PT

5-21

5-23

5-24

5-24


5-25

4 comments:

  1. It's so nice when they start to smile. We loved the woombie swaddles too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I looked back at the 6 week post for Miles you told me about the Woombie swaddle. I had heard of it but didn't realize it had a double zipper to change diaper middle of night. Miles was huge so I think the smallest size I got was 6 months size but maybe I had one a size smaller.

      Delete
    2. Oh neat! I'm glad they're working for you.

      Delete
    3. I didn’t remember where I learned it so it was nice to see it in an old post.

      Delete