Thursday, May 2, 2019

Liam's Second Week (4.28.19)

4/23 - dinner with kids on my lap
I didn't weigh Liam at all in the 2nd week so unsure how much he's gained.
Liam wears size 1 diapers because we ran out of newborn size but those would still fit.
So far he's worn a couple articles of clothing and some are newborn size and some 0-3 month size.  I mainly have him in the newborn size shirts. The only pants he's worn have all been big (0-3 mo, 3 mo, and 3-6 mo). I didn't actually dig for more or smaller because too big is ok.
4/24
Liam tends to sleep for 2.5 hour stretches at night. Too bad I fall asleep and then wake up after an hour or so and then move to the bed so I'm not even sleeping a solid 2 hours. He will fall asleep nursing and I have to work hard to get him to burp which takes forever. If I don't get him to burp he wakes up after 30 min or 45 and needs to burp. Or wakes up after that long after having spit up in his crib.
4/24
Liam will have one time a day where he's up 2 hours at least.
4/24
His umbilical cord stump came off.  (We didn't give a bath yet because we are slackers.)
4/25
We started tummy time. Liam loved it.  But he doesn't try to lift his head and just gets really comfortable and falls asleep. 
4/25
I feel like Liam's coloring is a lot redder than I'm used to. Sometimes it seems to show up in pictures and other times not so much.

For the most part Poly ignores Liam. She does paw at the bedroom door when I'm in with Liam longer than she'd like and she wants to cuddle with me. 
Miles and Ella always ask to hold Liam. Miles likes to hold him for 1-2 minutes. Ella likes to hold him for much longer. When Miles holds Liam, I make sure I am right there.  When Ella holds Liam, I get this or that done and even run to another room or two. She is always wanting to hold him while standing or moving around like I do but I won't let her do that yet. 
4/26 - MPVNS
I'm still surprised how skinny Liam's legs are. This might be normal but his legs seem so short and skinny. He is long so maybe they aren't short and skinny. Looking at old pictures of Ella and Miles, his legs are definitely shorter than Ella's and skinnier than hers were. 
I noticed something in his nose and instead of the bulb syringe it just came out brushing his nose with my finger. We haven't even used the bulb syringe yet.
4/26
On Monday, we went to lunch and then to Target (to do the car seat trade in and then shop around). 
Tuesday we stayed home.  Dave and Ella went to Take Your Kid To Work Day at Google then in the evening went to dinner and gymnastics. 
4/27 Parade
On Wednesday I don't remember leaving the house because we had our newborn photo shoot 10-1PM. But then I swear I showed someone the pictures I snapped during the shoot so maybe I went to preschool pickup with Liam. I can't remember mere days ago. 
4/27 Birthday party
Thursday we were at preschool for 2 hours. Then again to preschool pickup. We dropped off Ella and Miles, I nursed him, and then we worked with Sprouts kids to make Teacher Appreciation Week stuff.  Friday morning, Liam attended preschool with Miles and me. Friday night was parents night out at preschool so Liam went with Dave and I to Outback for dinner and then to Home Depot. On Saturday, we walked in a parade and then went to a birthday party.
4/27
Liam will sleep in his crib, basinet, or swing. I try to get him sleeping around all the insane noise so that he will tolerate noise later.
4/28
We swaddle Liam to sleep but sometimes he is not swaddled since we are about to leave or just got home and he sleeps fine. Dave tried to have him do tummy time against his chest and Liam fell right to sleep. Then I moved him to the basinet right next to me and he slept on his stomach. 
4/28
There are times it takes Liam a good 9 minutes to get latched. He will get plenty of milk and even choke on it.  If I cared about having milk all over my clothes there are days I would have changed my shirt 5 times.  Liam has gotten better at nursing on the right side but still he seems more likely to spit up after drinking so much milk on that side.  Once so far he spit up so much I had to change my 2 shirts and my shorts. 
4/24 Newborn photoshoot teasers

2 comments:

  1. Wow you guys have been busy! And oh my gosh those newborn photos are SO GOOD. You need to share a pic of his legs so you can remember them looking that way. My kids were tough to burp too. You are reminding me of all the things with these posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ella was tough to burp but didn't require it so i just stopped trying. I miss that.

      Delete