Tuesday, May 21, 2019

#itsmomchallenge (Week 2)

I'm still doing the challenge. I felt like I had to take more good pictures so I took more than 1 a day.  Some are better than others. I also made a list of some various things I want to get pictures of like playing or crafting things with the kids. I do them so often but am never in the pictures. I'm thinking more about asking people to take my picture too. 
The pictures on the right are examples of the pictures I always take. The picture on the left is one I took including me!

The middle picture shows me with them. Usually I would take the left and right versions. My fingers are in the right picture. I'm reading this book to Liam per Ella's request. We read it more than once.
Dave was still cooking when I made this collage.  I used my phone on a tripod to take the pictures of the table. It was a little abnormal since I was giving a bottle that I had warmed up. Usually I would be nursing if Liam was hungry during dinner.
Well then after Dave was done cooking, he actually joined us at the table.  This is rare. The electronics on the table are not rare. Usually I have a laptop there even if I don't use it at all.  You can even see in the window reflection that the TV is on.

Miles wanted a hug with my whole body. That's is way of saying put Liam down and hug me.  I hugged him and hugged him more and then I took the pictures. They aren't the best pictures but they were the best I could do. I wanted to document his desire for a hug.
Miles will often ask to hold Liam. Usually it's while I'm nursing so he can't actually do it. But he holds him a decent amount of time. If he starts crawling Miles will try to get up immediately.
Friday started off with a Mother's Day Brunch at preschool. I tried to get someone to take our picture as a family but they didn't seem to hear me and then I'd be interrupted or Ella would be up.  For the bottom picture, I asked Miles if he wanted to pose for a picture and that's what he did.  Later Ella gave me my gift and was so happy about it. 
Next up was going to another preschool. Mile made a card. Most kids put tons and tons of decorations on but he went more minimalist and just put 1 thing on.  He kept opening it up and telling me "I love you."  I loved it. He was so proud. Granted he kept saying it was for Love Day versus Mother's Day. Love Day is what Daniel Tiger called Valentine's Day.
I took some selfies at school then thought I'd prop the camera and took pictures. I accidentally made the first collage with the selfies.  This is just one of the tables of activities. Miles loves preschool. We play together. He calls it "Mommy's preschool" since I go and the other preschool he goes to it but I do not stay.
After school, we went to a birthday party. We were late. I was exhausted. Miles was napping. Ella was at school. We got there late and the kids had a blast. We probably only got to attend about half of it. That bite being taken of pizza in the top photo is the only bite taken the entire party.
I had laundry in the dryer for 3 days and never got to folding it. When I finally folded it, I had Miles on my lap the entire time. I had Dave take our picture. Ella is asleep beside me too.
We played with blocks. I was impressed with Ella being able to create something that was pictured on the box. 
I always seem to have a kid on me when I'm trying to eat. My arms weren't long enough to get a proper picture of them both on me.  

I often sit beside the kids as they hold Liam so that I make sure they support his neck. But then I may get up to take a picture. Well here I got myself in a few.  Maybe some day I'll actually brush my hair.

I have pictures like this of Liam too. I need to make a collage to compare the size difference.

With growth spurt Liam going on this or nursing is 95% of my day.

We finally did foot prints and hand prints for the baby book and for the sibling books. They were supposed to be done right when Liam came home from the hospital
Sometimes I wish I had go go gadget arms to get far enough away to get everyone on the picture. 

In the morning while I was nursing Liam, Miles was talking to me nonstop. I tried to get him to go wake Dave but he wouldn't. Then he was lying on the ottoman and sliding back and forth. I thought it was fine then all of a sudden he cried and showed me his hurt finger. It had skin hanging off. I said to go wake Dave for a bandaid. He was willing for that. It was more than scraped skin and there was a cut so Dave put some polysporin on too. 
I have long arms but sometimes not long enough to get everything in a picture. I'm not sure why Miles wanted to cuddle with me but he did.
When the kids get older will they ever remember anything about nap time? Will they remember how they hated going to sleep and getting them down took forever? Will they remember how they could stall? 
Liam is 1 month old. I wanted to get dressed first but I never get time. I did the photo shoot except for pictures of myself. We took pictures in the chair and then on the floor. I decided to record with time lapse when we were in the loft.
Dave was sick but he went in the car for drop off so Liam could stay in the car. He cried the entire time at preschool so at Safeway I ran in taking him. So Dave sat in the car by himself. I was going to be quick so I just held him. I got a cart since I was getting juice and milk.
The second part of the photo shoot for Liam included me. He just got hit with being sick so he was miserable and close ups of his face you could tell his eyes were puffy.
5/14
Miles kept using his pretend phone to take pictures. He kept telling people to "say cheese" but they never did then he'd get mad. I said I'd say cheese but then eh was mad I was saying cheese to my camera not his. I said I was saying it to his and just taking a picture with mine.

This isn't even all of them that I posted on instagram but sometimes I posted individual photos or videos and I didn't spend the time to include them all here. I still spent well over an hour putting this post together so that later I have something to look back on.

No comments:

Post a Comment