Sunday, April 7, 2019

39 Weeks (April)


I had my doctor appointment Wednesday. I had it with the nurse practitioner and not my OB.  I brought up how last time I had to schedule a c-section. She left to go ask my doctor about it and said they'd talk about it next time. I was 1.5 cm dilated this time. I said that's what she said last time. She said last time it was a little less.
I don't like the anticipation of labor. Like WHEN will it start. AHH I don't like the multiple week window when it can happen. It's extremely stressful trying to make sure I have people lined up to watch Ella and Miles.

I took pictures in a sports bra and then in a tank top. I had on workout pants versus my normal shorts but figured it was good enough. I took measurements too. I did this before realizing last time I took pics too!

I went to PT twice this week and the OB once. It's like I always have appointments.  My legs are back to going numb for very long periods of time. I can't handle not being able to function like I want to.  In addition to that my groin is bothering me. It slowly got worse and today it's like with every step I'm being stabbed in the crotch.

I got more baby clothes from Julia since I can't find mine. I have washed most of it. But it's all folded on top of the washer/dryer. I better put it in the drawers.

I finally packed my hospital bag this week. I packed it on Thursday night. I said if this was Ella pregnancy then I'd have a baby by Friday morning so I better pack it.

Poly still tries to lie on me when I sleep and I have to get her off. She likes my belly too much.

I'm hotter at night. I barely use my covers. It is warmer over all but still I'm way hotter.
3 pregnancies. Looking totally differnet. Miles was SO LOW. 

Size of baby: Mini Watermelon, 20 inches long from head to heel. My app on my phone says the baby weighs about 7.25 pounds.  The baby gains a half a lb a week. 

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I gained 0.7 lbs this week for 41.4 lbs overall. Earlier in the week I weighed 1.6 more though.


Maternity Clothes:  Some of my longer maternity shirts aren't fitting but I still have some tanks and 3 normal T-shirts that fit. My athletic pants are getting a little more annoying at trying to stay up now that the baby bump is a little lower. 

Movement: he moves a decent amount but I mainly notice when lying down. I will notice his butt will be on the right side and then on the left side later. Sometimes my belly is an odd shape based on his position. If I move my laptop closer to my face to see better and put it on my belly, he always moves all around. 

Sleep: I'm sleeping horribly. I've fallen asleep using my laptop and wake up later with numb legs because I was on my back. I will fall asleep on my side and then wake up on my back because I fell over and then my legs go numb. It's like I can't stay propped up. At least 3 nights this week (most recent 3) I was up every 1.5ish hours dealing with trying to get in position. The one night I think I had mild Braxton Hicks contractions so then I wasn't sleeping very well wondering if I'd go into labor or if they were Braxton Hicks. 

What I miss: I miss running. I miss being able to turn over in bed without breathing heavy or without it being a big ordeal. I miss times of no back pain.


Symptoms: My low back hurts constantly and just sometimes hurts a lot worse. Sciatica pain and then left leg pain and numbness or right leg pain and numbness. I'm starving and want so much food but not sure that's a symptom. My nose is bloody often. I blow my nose in the morning and it'll be all bloody.  I'm getting out of breath a lot. Going to the bathroom and getting back to bed and getting under the covers result in me being out of breath!

Best moment this week: making some shirts/onesies for the kids

Looking forward to:  Having a baby and not having all this pain

Exercise:  I only do back exercises. I did walk for about 30 minutes (slowly) while Miles biked one day. 


Same this time: Clothes not fitting even though they fit less with Miles or maybe I just know to avoid those ones.  I don't like the anticipation of labor.  I took pics in a workout tank last time and this time! I made onesies for the first time (tie die) and with Ella I had painted more onesies this week.  This time and with Miles I had a higher weight earlier in the week than on weigh in day. Sleep is awful and was awful. I'm out of breath a lot. Turning over is a hardship.

Different from last time: I already had a baby last time at 39 weeks with Ella! My pain is a lot worse. It gets worse with every pregnancy

39 Weeks with Ella
39 Weeks with Miles

1 comment:

  1. Can't believe how close you are! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete