Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Comparison: Ella and Miles and Liam

When Miles was 10 days old I quickly wrote up a post of differences I noticed between Ella and Miles. I figured I should document some of the initial differences I've noticed with Liam.
First I wasn't even prepared with things like pacifiers since I had 0 of 2 kids take them so far.  I was more go with the flow instead of having a ton of stuff out.  At 5 days old, I didn't even put the swing together for Liam.
  • Liam will sleep through a lot. He slept through a diaper change multiple times. He has slept through a diaper change and being unswaddled to go to the doctors. 
  • He's more like Miles in not liking the super fast flow when nursing. 
  • It could be all from memory but Liam's legs seems so skinny. I still can't get over how much he frogs up his legs (like Miles did). The more babies I see like this the more shocked I am how Ella never liked her legs curled up. 
  • Liam spit up more his first couple days than Ella and Miles did combined ever. 
  • Liam requires a burp after nursing but getting him to burp is quite difficult.  He will also need to burp 3 times or so after nursing not just one time. 
  • Liam likes to be warm just like Miles did. 
  • Liam will turn to his side in his crib. Both Ella and Miles just stayed on their backs just fine. 
  • Liam just gets comfortable on tummy time. 
  • I feel like Liam is more awake than Ella was and less awake than Miles. 
There are probably many more things but this post sat in drafts for over a week so maybe I should post it and then just make another later. 
I used the same collages I had in the last post and just added Liam pictures to it. I wanted to better compare pictures back then but not sure I ever did. Now I also want to.  I want to find some feet and hand pictures to compare but I doubt I ever will. I still have to write up the birth story and it's been 2 weeks! I haven't started. 

Do you think they look similar or different? Who does Liam look more like? 

2 comments:

  1. Liam definitely looks like Miles, wow! With both my kids we had to work to make them take a pacifier. Aurora especially didn't like it, but eventually came around (once I went back to work and she had to self soothe more.) Then both my kids were completely addicted to the thing and didn't want to give it up! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn’t work too hard to take them. Ella used to like to nap while nursing. And I’d stick a pacifier in. She’d be mad spit out pacifier. Then she’d sleep not sucking on me. So that was an excellent use of pacifier. Haha.

      Delete