Saturday, April 13, 2019

40 Weeks (April)

I didn't have any weight gain and the nurse was surprised.  But this time I weighed myself in my hoodie and last time I was not wearing one. So maybe I lost weight?
3 cm dilated. Then she stretched it to 4. 80-90% effaced. She said my BP was good/low. I forget the number and can't seem to log into the my health online right now.

She said I don't need an appointment next week and I'll have the baby by then. At this appointment with Miles she said I'd have the baby before the following week and I did not though.  She said she's at the hospital on Monday and I can go in and have them break my water to get labor started if I didn't go into labor first.  She mentioned that only being an issue if they are really busy that day.
Saturday morning (40 weeks day) starting around 2 AM I had contractions that would wake me up. But only every hour or so.  But nothing ever amounted to anything. All day I'd have some contractions every hour or so. Sometimes 2 hours between them and sometimes 5 minutes.
In the morning on Saturday when I was brushing my teeth I noticed how low my belly dropped.

Now my dropped belly looks more similar to my belly with Miles. For a few weeks now I was looking much higher.

I asked Dave today if we have a baby name. He said more or less. Then I asked what but he didn't answer.
I wish Ella and Miles were awake for the photos today. That would have been fun since Ella was in my pic the last 2 times.
Another comparison that shows how the baby majorly dropped.

Size of baby: Small Pumpkin. The average baby is born 20 inches long and 7.5 lbs.  

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I gained 3.8 lb this week for 45.2 lbs overall.  (Last week I had lost weight from Thursday to Saturday but really I figured I didn't so then I knew this week would be high weight gain. 


Maternity Clothes:  Same as it's been. Maternity tops, non-maternity workout pants worn below my belly. But the pants aren't staying up as well. 

Movement: I feel like he moves less than last week. I wear my TENS unit like all the time and think that throws me off. 

Sleep:  It's been horrible. I sleep about a half hour at a time the last few days. Then I started sleeping in my TENS unit and I'd sleep until the thing turned off after 80 minutes. 

What I miss: I miss running. I miss holding Ella and Miles. I miss walking or doing things without getting out of breath. I miss being able to bend. 

Symptoms: I breathe heavy. I get out of breath. Braxton Hicks Contractions.  Back pain. Numb legs from sciatica issues.  I have a lot of low belly pressure/pain when I do things.  

Best moment this week: 

Looking forward to:  This baby deciding to come!!!

Exercise:  I did back exercises at the beginning of the week but kind of quit those. 


Same this time: With Miles I wanted the baby to come just like I do now. Ella was already born and a week old!

Different from last time: I have extreme back pain this time.

40 weeks with Ella
40 weeks with Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment