Monday, April 22, 2019

Predictions Comparison

I did some predictions with Miles and thought I'd do it again. I also wrote after the fact to compare how right/wrong I was.   I did a post with predictions and now it's time to compare.

When will baby arrive?
My prediction: I really have no specific prediction. Last time I had a feeling or a dream or something. I just keep thinking to continue with my torture he will be late. I'm due April 13 and figure it will be after that.

Reality:  It was after April 13 but I was also in labor on April 13.

How long will labor be? 
My prediction: I'm guessing less than 3 hours.

Reality: Labor was 46 hours long or so. Active labor was less but still. 7:35 PM is when I went to the hospital after over an hour of contractions 5 min or less apart with 1 minute long. Liam was born 11:48 PM. So I still had 4 hours at the hospital.

What will labor be like? 
My prediction: I somehow guess I'll go into labor in the middle of the night and be in a bind because I won't have anything planned for what to do with the kids.

Reality: I did start going into labor in the middle of the night. Then the next night I was down to contractions 8 minutes apart but then they got further apart again.
How big will baby be? 
My prediction: 8 lb 6 oz and 20.5 inches long.

Reality: 8 lb 0 oz and 21 inches long.

What will baby look like? 
My prediction: I'm guessing the baby will have brown hair but barely any hair. I'm also guessing blue eyes like Ella and Miles. I'm predicting huge hands just like Miles had. I'm hoping for a normal length torso and normal length legs (instead of really long legs like Ella or a really long torso like Miles).

I'm predicting a normal delivery even though I could have a c-section. I can't get induced from a previous c-section so at 41 weeks, I would be having a c-section. I don't anticipate going that long.

Reality:  Liam has a little bit of brown hair. His eyes are so dark, they are dark dark gray from what I can tell. His hands don't seem huge but his fingers do seem long. His legs seem so short and skinny to me.  I did have a normal delivery. BUT I was also given pitocin. Since I was already pretty far along they didn't see an issue with it and said it was low dosage.

No comments:

Post a Comment