Wednesday, January 30, 2019

5.8.18 Roadtrip Day 8

Since I have so many pictures I'm just going to put a few in between the text and then going to put the rest at the bottom.
I woke up at 7 AM. I was finally out of bed at 7:10. I went to get my toothbrush and as I walked in I saw Miles had his eyes open. He saw me and immediately stood up. Dave woke when I was talking to Miles. After not even a minute out of the pack n play, Miles says “more cashews”

7:56 Ella woke up.
We went to breakfast. We left and walked 2 blocks then Dave realized he didn’t know where to go and we should have walked in the opposite way because he couldn’t find a good breakfast place the way we were headed. We walked many blocks past where we had dinner to get to breakfast. I felt like it was long then we still had blocks to go. Ella walked the entire way. Miles walked a lot and I carried him some. It’s a long way to walk for such little legs. The kids were pretty good just slow and I was still annoyed with it. Ella only ate 1 bite once the food arrived. Miles barely ate and just wanted butter. He saw the 2 scoops of butter I moved and thought they were ice cream. Then we had to walk super long again to the hop on hop off bus stop.
We got on the bus right away so that was good. We got off at the first stop at Willis Tower (formerly Sears Tower). My ears felt weird going up the elevator. The kids loved looking out the windows. We’d look for a long time out a window then move a couple windows down and look for a long time again. In the area where you can stand in front of a skyline on the wall to take a picture, Ella decided to take off her shoes and do ballet on the little stage. She didn’t want to get off to give other people a chance to take pictures. On the way down my ears felt worse and were echoey for quite awhile.
We went to the bus stop to wait. Lots of people were waiting so then when we got on we did not get a seat on top and had to sit on the main floor and you could barely see out the windows. It was very hot too. Dave was so annoyed that we didn’t get to sit up top. I felt like it was easier to contain Miles down below. After 1 stop there was room up top so we got to go up. That sucked for the kids. Miles and Ella sat with me in the 2 seats (for all 3 of us). After Miles was very difficult for awhile he decided to give up fighting back and fell asleep on my lap. We had been discussing how I’d take Miles back to the hotel and Ella wanted to come with me for nap instead of go and do stuff with Dave. Dave tried to ask her if she’s go with him and she yelled no and it woke Miles. That was a 3 min nap for him! I was so annoyed. He was so annoyed. He was crying and so difficult. He just wanted to sleep. I was back to having to squeeze him to stop him from squirming and standing. Ella was always wanting to stand up and she wasn’t allowed.

Dave got off the bus at the planetarium. We stayed on what felt like forever to get to the stop close to us. We went down to the main floor after a bit because it was far too hot. The kids were hungry. Snickers were not a good idea because the chocolate melts so bad. But it was basically all I had left.

Then we walked ~2 blocks from the stop back to the hotel. They were pretty good on the walk

At the hotel a guy from Pittsburgh asks about the Steelers because of Miles’s shirt. At Willis Tower a lady talked to us about liking the Steelers, too.

2:55 We returned to hotel room. (3 of us since Dave was still out.)

We didn’t have time or the ability to get a real lunch so we had snacks in the hotel room. Miles had cashews and chips. I had chips and an oatmeal cream pie. Ella had chips.

3:32 Miles was finally in the crib. (He fell asleep pretty quickly.)
Ella rested lying down for a little but then got hungrier and we shared a cupcake.

I rested in bed with only some interruptions from Ella. It was so relaxing to be able to rest.

Dave decided to get hot dogs on the way back so he could bring us back food. He got fries and hot dogs but when he came in Miles was sitting in his crib. Then crying for like 15 min happened. I just couldn’t console Miles. I think 1 min before Dave got back, Ella woke up Miles when she ran through the hotel room but then he just didn’t cry or anything until Dave got back. Miles liked the hot dog. Ella liked the fries.

Dave wanted to go to a candy store or for ice cream. Ella didn’t want to go. Then Dave showed her pictures and a picture of a banana split got her interested so we went. I got a Milkshake. Dave got a cone. And then we got a banana split. Ella liked Dave’s cone. Miles liked my milkshake. Dave ended up eating most of the banana split since nobody else would.

Then we went to a candy store. It was in a mall in the same building as Macy’s. It was on the 7th floor. Wow did the kids go insane wanting stuff. I didn’t get a single picture because it was too hard to handle the kids and make sure they didn’t stick their hands in the candy or taste stuff.

We took a wagon and the walk to and from these places was purely amazing. Pulling a wagon was sometimes tricky to turn bends.

I got Miles to bed. He was so tired but didn’t want to go to sleep. Then when I was reading to him, he saw the cashews. That did not go over well. I offered him one but he wanted the entire container.

We waited a few minutes until he was asleep and then Ella and I headed to the pool. We had to leave the room through the room he was sleeping in.

Ella and I swam for about a half hour. There are signs not to take pictures in the pool area but I took one before we went in and in the elevator so I’d know how long we swam.
We got back, showered, and then it was almost bedtime.

Ella got under her covers at 10:04

Here are a ton more pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment