Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Kids Say ... (November and December 2018)

Ella and Miles always say such great things. I document a small fraction of them.

----------

I thought if I ask the kids what they want to name their brother so maybe they wouldn’t hate idea so much.

I asked Miles. He said “baby sister”

Then “this” pointing to potato chips

I asked Ella. She said “poopy”


11/2/18
----------

Bedtime with Miles. Talking about day. 
Me: Did you have fun running your race today?
Miles: I didn’t run the race.
Me: Did you have fun walking your race?
Miles: Yea. I walked my race

11/4
----------

Just now I asked “How was school today?”
“ I didn’t have my panda at school. I want my panda at school. Can we take panda to school?”

Today he took panda out of bag and I didn’t notice so he didn’t have panda at school for nap

11-8
----------

I run upstairs to brush my teeth and load pics on my computer. I hear Miles calling me. He’s saying something about poop in his diaper so I run down before I’m done doing what I wanted to do. I get downstairs and ask if he has poop. He says “No poop. I want Daniel Tiger” that bugger knew what would get me to run downstairs.

11-11-18
----------
In A Duckling for Daniel, there is a crack in the egg.
Me: Who put a crack in the egg?
I thought the answer was no one.
Miles: The duckling
He was right.

11/15/18
----------

Miles had 2 yogurt smoothies. I see the straws but can't find the yogurt containers. Iask him where they are. He responds, "in your poop."

11/16
----------

Me: Miles ,after nap your friends are coming over to eat and play.
Miles: I don’t want to play

(To clarify he wanted to eat and didn't care about playing.)
11/22 Thanksgiving
----------

Miles leans over and gives my arm a hug.
Miles: I love you
Me: Aw Miles I love you too!
Miles: OK

And then stops hugging me.

11/27/18
----------

Me: Miles what is your favorite color?
Miles: Yellow. I love yellow

He's never mentioned yellow before.
11/30
----------

Miles: Can we read all of Ella’s stories?”

We started reading books in Ella's room. He discovered she has a full bookcase of books that he hasn't read.

12/5

----------
On airplane.

Me: Miles do you see outside. That’s Pittsburgh. That’s Heinz Field where the Steelers play. Do you see it?
Miles: Yea. I want to go to the South Side.

12/17
----------

Miles: I want to see Bunnies
Ella: Uncle Timmy has bunnies. I wish I could go there. 

Uncle Timmy had showed them videos of bunnies in his yard.

12/23
----------
Miles is begging Pap-Pap to read more before bed.

Miles: Read this. 
He already read that one. 
Miles: Read this again.

Miles: Just read 2 more books.



Later I peaked in on Miles and he was still awake. Oops. I said "Goodnight"
Miles: No

12/24
----------

Constantly at my parents house when we would talk about a bath Miles would say: I don’t want to get naked here.
----------

Miles : Weee. This is super fun.
As we drive down a hill (Lincoln Way)

12/26
----------

Miles wakes Ella up saying Merry Christmas. She sat up. Then lied back down eyes closed. He says “She went to sleep again!” “Wake up Ella!”

12:22 pm 12/27/18
----------

Miles is in crib talking while going to sleep. Saying how his crib at home is different and at home he doesn’t have commercials.  He was so funny all trip because he was excited for commercials.

12/27
----------

Movie just ended. 
Me:now we can cook.
Miles: yay 
Me: Oh not that cooking. Cooking in a video game. 
Miles: no. no no. why? cook in the kitchen. 

To be fair the cooking video game is pretty stupid and I'm bad at it but I liked it after Dave convinced me to play it enough times. 

12/29/18

No comments:

Post a Comment