Saturday, January 5, 2019

26 Weeks (January)

I had a doctor appointment about a week late since I was traveling. This appointment was with the nurse practitioner instead of my regular doctor. She said my BP was good (99/48),  the baby's heart rate was good and consistent (150-155 on doppler), and the fundal height measured well.  But then she said the only concern was gaining 12 lbs since my last visit. Funny I've only gained 11.6 lbs total but when I go and weigh myself in shoes and a hoodie or not in a hoodie it just varies.  I did lose about 8 I had to gain back then gained 11.6 on top of that.

I'm feeling baby movement more.

I'm noticing it is a lot harder to do various things like getting up off the ground or sitting to eat.  Workout moves are more difficult now with a bigger belly. I want to run but feel like that wouldn't even be fun.

I want all the food. I eat a ton of food. I want more food. I told people this week it's like I'm eating for 8.  Yet I have started getting lightheaded. Like today I got lightheaded twice and I even ate breakfast.

I've noticed my face is a lot rounder now than it had been. People keep telling me I gain all the weight in my belly but my thighs are 3 inches larger than they were so clearly it's not all belly.

It's getting to be a struggle to carry Miles. He's heavy. He wants to be held a lot. And it's all hard with my belly. He tells me "hold me nice."  I hold him and he slips down because he can't use his legs so much to wrap around me.

I wrote this all on the day I hit 26 weeks. That used to be my norm like when I was pregnant with Ella but now I tend to finish 5 days late. 
Size of baby: Eggplant, 14 inches long from head to heel. My app on my phone says the baby weighs about 2 pounds.

Total Weight Gain/Loss:  I gained 2.4 lbs this week so I'm at 14.0 lbs overall! 


Maternity Clothes:  Wearing them all the time except to sleep in and workout bottoms.

Movement: There's a lot more lately.


Sleep: I think I'm sleeping a decent amount but I'm always tired. My dreams are crazy. I wake up to pee a bunch. Sometimes I wake up near 5 am and then I can't fall back to sleep.


What I miss: Exercising easily.


Symptoms: Always having to go to the bathroom. 

Best moment this week: I don't know.

Looking forward to: Not sure.  I was ready to say the baby but I feel like we need to get some things in order before I can be looking forward to it. Like where is the baby stuff and what should I do with it? How can we do the carseats in the car? Stuff like that. 


Exercise:  I did do a bit more exercise this week than I have been doing. I did 2 workout videos and used the elliptical twice. This is not as much as I want though. 

Same this time: I took some pictures that weren't my side profile all 3 times. Apparently going to Ikea this week is a thing. Two out of 3 times we left empty handed though. I gained over 2 lbs this week in all 3 pregnancies. I mentioned being lightheaded with Ella and how I can't stand or shop after eating and I noticed that to be true now too. 

Different from last time: I always miss working out but I worked out less this time than the previous 2 times. I had a 4.4 mile run when I was pregnant with Miles. Man am I jealous. I had no bladder issues when pregnant with Ella. I did say I had to pee a lot but that was like nothing compared to now. Then with Miles I used to complain I felt like I had to pee after running a half mile. Now if I actually ran I wish I was so lucky as just wishing I felt like I had to pee.  If you look at pictures from various angles, you can see that I have more love handles this time around.

26 Weeks with Ella
26 Weeks with Miles

1 comment:

  1. I am really glad I’ve found this info. Today bloggers publish only about gossip and web stuff and this is really frustrating. A good site with exciting content, that is what I need. Thanks for making this site, and I’ll be visiting again. Do you do newsletters? I Cant find it.

    comfort fit jeans for men
    faded jeans
    light blue faded jeans

    ReplyDelete