Thursday, January 31, 2019

Carnival 9.22.18


I organized a carnival for one mom group I'm in. The RSVPs were low so branched out and extended it to the 2nd mom group I'm in. I already wrote about the organization of it so this is just about the event. The date wasn't really picked based on when I knew people could attend but a date the park had rental open. I was even checking many parks but they were so booked up.

Most of the photos weren't taken by me but were on my camera so I'm including them.

Set up was a little hectic. No matter how hard I try, I can't get everything done before an event starts so we were still setting up when people started showing up. Then Dave had a lot more prep for making food than I anticipated. Our can opener wouldn't work on the nacho cheese so then he tried to use a knife. It broke the knife but he did eventually get in. Then we had to heat the cheese on the grill then transfer to the crock pot.

I was amazed how many kids played the games and didn't take the tickets for playing the games. They just had fun playing.

Miles played some games and couldn't throw far enough when standing on the line so he just bent down and moved the tape line 8 inches closer. He was so cute doing it.

I liked the photo booth frames and so did a lot of people. There are many more pictures but just including ones here I now I can share.

It was a fun event. I feel like people liking it made all the work worth it. Too bad it wasn't a better date when more people could attend.




Look an action shot of a ring being thrown!
This game with the box and holes was the toughest game. I could never aim the rockets into the hole.

Ella colored at the art table for a long time. I was actually surprised how much use it got.





Face painting!


















This is the game that Miles moved the tape up closer.












The kids loved a few songs and the big parachute.

Ella fell in the mud!


I almost forgot about the squat hold contest. 

These 2 were the last 2!
I feel like it was a lot more fun than these pictures show. I had fun and know others had fun. 2 years ago when we did it in July, we had a lot more kids in attendance. Apparently I never did a blog post from 2016 to compare. This time, the kids were older. We had unmanned games and they were out the entire time. We had lunch foods instead of breakfast foods. We did face painting. Both times we had art, parachute and music, photo booth, cookies made by the kids, tattoos, and duck pond. The adult contest last time was wheel barrow race but with fewer families attending and a lot of only 1 adult per family coming, I didn't think we'd have enough participation with that.

ETA: I did the 2016 carnival post.

No comments:

Post a Comment