Saturday, March 23, 2019

37 Weeks (March)

I attempted to find baby clothes. I couldn't find newborn and 0-3 months so went through a ton of boxes and made a huge mess. I pulled up old monthly updates to see what size Miles wore when I had to start using free and clear detergent. 9 Months. So everything smaller than that I have to wash again. I did a load of laundry on Sunday that was mostly 6 month size but a few newborn, 0-3 mo, and 3 month things. I need to really find the rest of the clothes.  Ella helped fold them.  I put them in the drawers.  Last time I washed some clothes in 36 weeks so I'm a little behind.
In addition to just comparing pictures of 37 weeks with all 3 pregnancies I added numbers for weight gain and actual weight.   I notice with the pictures I'm not as low this time as the past 2 times. I also can't believe my weight gain is the lowest considering this is the first time my doctor even ever brought up weight gain and now she gives me a hard time about it.
I took 1 picture at 3 other angles. Well since I only took 1 picture, I had to use the one with my face being ridiculous. The black top is too slimming and you can't tell anything.

I feel like the baby moves from lower right to lower left side pretty often. I can see so much movement and it's not just like a kick or punch but the baby fully changes positions.  And now my left leg goes numb instead of my right leg.
I washed some baby clothes and I found a few more small baby clothes but I still need more things younger than 6 months. I kill my back when I look.  I still have to raise the crib mattress up. I washed the green sheet so I can swap out the purple one but haven't done that yet. I got out the ottoman for the glider.  I have a bunch of size 1 diapers. I didn't even buy newborn diapers.  I found some oneises more personalized for Miles with his initial or his name. I asked Miles if the new baby can wear the M onesie. He said, "yea. It can be M for Baby."

I made a baby pool. I kept thinking about it but then I actually did it. Everyone should fill it out!
I created a baby pool for Miles and 35 people filled it out. I had a pool for Ella and 24 people filled that one out. 

I feel like 3rd baby I'm so chill I don't even spend the time thinking about what all I have to do to get ready. A few outfits and diapers and that's it right?!

I still find it odd to not wearing my wedding rings. I know after having both Ella and Miles I didn't wear them for a good while after so I guess I get used to it.

I updated my weight gain and weight graphs comparing all 3 pregnancies. Oh man the legend above is worded so weird for Miles. I'll have to fix that. 



I got my maternity photos back last week and did 2 posts with some of the pictures. It did take me until this week to actually look at them. That's how miserable I was feeling.

I had 2 PT appointments this week and 1 OB appointment. Next week I have 2 PT appointments, 1 OB, and 1 dentist appointment.

My back is so bad that I decided to try to wear my maternity belt (a little loose) and have it hold in an ice pack. I shopped in 2 stores with it like that. It was pretty nice. I mean I was still miserable but not super miserable.

Size of baby: Leek, 19.1 inches long from head to heel. My app on my phone says the baby weighs about 6.5 pounds.  The baby gains a half a lb a week. 

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 37.5 lb gain overall. I gained 2.3 in the past week.  People keep telling me I'm all belly but they are wrong since a month ago I took my measurements and my hips were 5.5 inches bigger than they were 8 months ago!

Movement: There are periods of no movement and periods of a lot. 

Sleep:  It's pretty awful. I have trouble sleeping. I have trouble turning over in the night. Poly wakes me up and gets annoyed with me that she's started hitting me to get me to wake up and turn the way she wants me to turn.  I wake up a few times to pee a night.  I tend to fall asleep on my back on ice. But then I stay there too long and end up with numb legs then have issues getting back to sleep when I turn to my side. All week I've had coughing fits.

What I miss: I miss running and exercising. I miss being able to just hold Ella and Miles normally. I miss crossing my legs!  I'm in so much pain and yet I still want to go run. I think I'm a little insane. 

Symptoms: My back is sore. It's more than just sure and it's excruciating pain by night. I sleep horribly from it. I have trouble sleeping in general too because I was sick all week. I go to the bathroom a lot. I'm tired. 

Best moment this week: Quick park play date on Monday where we hid gold coins. 

Looking forward to: Not being pregnant anymore. Not having back pain anymore. 


Exercise:  I'm not exercising besides back exercises.

Same this time: My back is sore. I don't feel like getting up and down off the ground. I missed holding Ella last time and I miss holding both kids now.  People keep telling me I'm all belly and telling me how good it is I gained it all there but I took measurements and that is not the case! I created a baby pool this week with Miles and this week this time. I am not sure what week I created it with Ella.

Different from last time: I read books on pregnancy when pregnant with Ella. Then last time and this time I think maybe I should to refresh my memory but then I don't.  I'm not really getting lightheaded anymore and I was with Miles and Ella. (or maybe i was just so bad off a few weeks ago that now I don't think of it. Also i'm lying down A LOT to ice so I'm doing so much less.)  I was more nervous about the c-section recovery than c-section with Ella. I believe I was more nervous about labor with Miles. Now I'm just thinking about the recovery (VBAC)

37 Weeks with Ella
37 Weeks with Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment