Monday, March 18, 2019

36 Weeks (March)


I'm sick of this sciatica pain. I'm sick of being sick. I'm sick of a numb leg while I have no voice.

I called on Monday to make a PT appointment. Luckily I didn't have to wait long for an appointment.

I had a busy week. I went to the OB on Wednesday morning. I saw the NP. I got the Group B strep test (and learned on Friday that it came out negative).  Wednesday afternoon I went to my first PT appointment. Then that evening I was in my worst pain ever and couldn't move. I iced my back for 4 hours.
Thursday I had a pre-natal massage. (My first one ever.) 

I was sick all week.  I feel like I was awful then got a little better than worse again.  I hosted a party here Thursday so didn't tell everyone how miserable I was all week. I couldn't sleep. It's a mix of back pain and sore throat.

I'll be so tired and think there's no reason. But then I realize it's because I barely slept. Like last night for instance I was up from 1-3 with  Miles  and that caused me to stay up until 4:30. I couldn't fall back to sleep. Then I was up at 7:10 for the day.  No wonder I was so tired by 4 pm.

On Friday, I tried to go to urgent care but the wait was 90 minutes so I decided to go home. I went before they opened today and was 9th in line. I got called back after about 40 minutes.  I got a strep test. The rapid test came back negative. She sent the culture away to test too.  She wrote me a prescription for amoxicillin she said I could pick up or wait until the other test comes back. I don't really understand it because she seemed to think it wasn't strep and said why and then the rapid test came back negative. So I'm not sure why it'd help. But my throat is so bad it sucks. Hot tea doesn't even help.


The swing parts are handy so that will probably be put together too. I'm trying to think where I want to put the swing. I put it in the living room with Miles.

I was sick and miserable. I actually didn't take my picture when I first woke up. I weighed myself in clothes, went to urgent care, got donuts, and then took my weekly photo. I didn't put on makeup even though I have been. I didn't wear make-up early on but I notice I wear it more now the more big and blah I feel.
Size of baby: Coconut, 18.7 inches long from head to heel. My app on my phone says the baby weighs about 6 pounds.

Total Weight Gain/Loss:  35.2 lb gain overall. I lost 1.2 lb in the past week. I'm pretty shocked at this weight. I mean my throat hurt all week to swallow but still I'm surprised I lost weight.  Also I weighed myself in some clothes. (I didn't finish this post promptly and by Monday I was back up that 1.2 lbs I lost)



Maternity Clothes:  Same as it's been. I did buy another pair of bigger workout pants just because I know after birth I'll need some too and I had a shortage after having Miles. 

Movement: There is a lot. I've noticed this week that I feel movement more all over instead of just lower part of belly. 



Sleep:  My sleep is crap. I wake up a few times to pee or wake up a few times from back pain and pee while I'm already awake. My sore throat has woken me up a few times a night too. I have coughing fits.  Miles has woken me up a couple times.  To help with back pain I lie down on my back with ice on my back for awhile. Like sometimes up to 3 hours. Then I lie on my side. 

What I miss: Running...  Exercising in general. Being able to go a decent amount of time without going to the bathroom. 



Symptoms: My low back hurts a little but that's so mild compared to the sciatica pain. My plantar fasciitis is very bad.  The sciatica pain is on the left side for a few days then on the right side because of how the baby moves. I am getting lightheaded randomly sometimes. 

Best moment this week: Pulling out the boxes of baby clothes so I'm one step closer to being ready. 


Looking forward to: actually having this baby. (Not the birth process but like having a baby to hold.)


Exercise:  Back exercises. Cleaning (a lot). 

Same this time: I wear the same clothes.  My sleep was such crap with Miles too. I always miss exercising and going a decent amount of time between going to the bathroom.  Looking forward to actually having a baby.

Different from last time: The pregnancy this time is more similar to Miles's but different than Ella's. I was doing exercises to try to get her to flip from being breech.

36 weeks with Ella
36 weeks with Miles

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you sound so miserable. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am. In so much pain I don't even use a laptop to catch up on blogging.

      Delete