Thursday, March 14, 2019

5.13.18 Roadtrip Day 13

Independence to Wichita
7:30 Miles wakes up. We both get ready while Ella and Dave sleep.



8:22 to target

9:29 back from target
10:41 done packing room
11:17 car loaded
11:20 Dave tells me we forgot to leave a tip in the hotel room. He knew and didn’t tell me until we left.









11:37 lunch






12:30 lunch done







12:42 parked Legoland. We parked in the Legoland parking lot and then Dave walked to the WWI memorial.
Miles and Ella got all snacks out before we even got into Legoland. Went right in and had to skip 1st and 2nd ride because 1 adult and 2 kids.

Ella barely noticed then noticed and was a little disappointed but got over it. I had to go to the bathroom so we had to skip to that. It helped with the ride situation. Then at first playing didn’t go well. The 4-12 year old area Ella wanted me. The 3 and under area was pitiful. Small, sucked, basically nothing to do. Miles wanted big lego (duplo) farm but wanted me there. Then Ella called for me. When she showed me something Miles got sad and cried and tried to get me.























Then we all went into the girls lego area (Lego Friends) and worked a long time on legos in there. I made a building. Then I made a bigger base. Then Ella used both and made a big building and steps to it and a fence. Miles tried to do stuff. Then he wanted a snack. I could barely see Ella but could so we ate and kept an eye on her. We sat by the big sleeping lego guy.
























Then big duplos playing.

Then car building/racing.

Then playing in play area again. This time Ella and Miles did better. Ella did on her own and Miles liked the one wheel thing and held my hand while on it.



















Ella had to go potty but wanted to use the travel potty. Well we would have had to leave for that so she tried to hold it. Then couldn’t so we used the potty. The big family one was in use. She had to go so she actually went into the bathroom. Handicap stall was locked (Nobody was inside.) So we go in a stall. Miles, Ella, and Me… a tight squeeze.

Ella went. I covered motion sensor flush with my hand and that helped Ella so yay.

Then played more.

Someone scared Ella her first time on the big slide. Then she said they made fun of her. She was sad. But she went and did it again.










We played for a couple more minutes and then I made them leave.  We did buy keychains in the Legoland store.

Dave had issues getting to the World World I Memorial. There was lots of walking. It was about ~6 flights of steps. There were good views. Dave said it was a very good museum. Hot, big hill. Lost in a mall 1st, guy at front was taken aback by how dead he looked.

He went up a big tower in an old elevator and then climbed 45 steps to get to the top.







4:00 to car after Legoland. Miles climbed in car set.

I drove to get Dave and there were many issues. Screen on the car was off. I didn’t know how to get it back on. Then super hot in the car. Ella wanted ipad. I yelled. She wanted to know why I yelled. I said it was the car not her but I had to focus on the car so why I didn’t get it right away. I had apologized.
4:26 we got Dave.
4:35 Miles asleep
5:02 Ella is asleep in the car.
5:28 Miles woke at turnpike toll and kept saying “French fries”





5:38 Drive thru - Spangles
5:45 Ella woke
Ate while charging






6:30 done supercharging
Losing charging :( 6% projected
Looking into plugshare

7:20 rest stop
Mileage warnings.
Risking it and going to hotel not super charger.
Homewood suites by Hilton @the Waterfront, Wichita.

8:29 off turnpike



8:36 hotel

The kids were insanely wild. Running like nuts squealing and playing. But a little too noisy for a hotel.

Dave was still overheated from his walk up the steps.
Ice, return cart, snacks, soup, juice, spin.

Wow lots of stuff it got late.







10:40 Miles bedtime routine. It took a little for him to fall asleep and I forgot to mark ti when he fell asleep.

Ella was still up at 11:40. She didn’t want to sleep in the closet. She didn’t want to sleep on the couch but then fell asleep in bed with me.

We crowded Dave and he woke me up to move her. I carried her to the couch. She came back to me twice for various things.

I had a horrible nights sleep.

Dave’s sleep was OK (not good, not horrible)

In night Ella also was whining. Dave helped her with covers.

No comments:

Post a Comment