Sunday, July 25, 2010

2nd 5k of the month (7/24)

A coworker told me about a 5k he does near his parents house each year. He then went on to tell me about how you can see the racers run by at 5 different times. I knew I had to run it then to get a ton of pictures. I ran it and got them because Brie and John were able to come and not because Dave came to watch because he did not.

In summary, I ran slower than I have been running. It was hot. Only about 100 people run the race. I came in 7th for females and that resulted in 1st for my age group.



The overall results and the results by age group are posted.

I love iMapMyRun. The screen shots are even better. But they slow me down while running. I try to wait until it just turns do a new distance before I hit the screen shot. I like the screen shots better than the data I get from the website. Maybe the website has better data but I just haven't figured it out yet. If that is the case, I hope I figure it out.







Before the race. It got hotter.








Look I'm hitting stop as soon as I'm crossing the finish line.

There are more pictures.

Two people have told me that I might need a trophy room soon, but they don't know that I can only place in the super small races.

Additional details:  I stayed up until 3am the night before. I got less than 3 hours of sleep. I hadn't run in 11 days or worked out in 9 days.  I didn't carb up the night before.  I didn't take my inhaler before running. While running I was too obsessed with my numbers on iMapMyRun and it slowed me down.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, you placed third in the last one I went to with you! It was bigger!

    I was so proud of you I even told my grandma. I think you did awesome.

    Also:
    " I ran it and got them because Brie and John were able to come and not because Dave came to watch because he did not."

    This is an awesomely passive-aggressive comment, but totally appropriate. AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the last one I placed 2nd in my age group.
    I was trying to think of how to mention Dave's absence w/o making an entire paragraph whining about it which is what I was going to do originally.

    ReplyDelete