Friday, July 16, 2010

Delicious Spaghetti

After a purely awful day at work, I wanted spaghetti.

I spent 11 hours at work + 30 minutes at the gym.  During that time I wasted 2.5 hours dealing with computer crap. 

I left the gym and called my husband. I was about to ask him where I should pick up food from. Well while the phone was dialing, I decided I wanted spaghetti.  So I just told him I was making that and would get ground meat on my way home. 

I used Prego Traditional sauce this time instead of the other sauces we normally do.  The spaghetti was cut spaghetti. It was a box of cut up spaghetti. It was wonderful. I also made the Texas Toast with cheese on it.

I didn't use as many spices as normal. I used what is pictured above plus minced garlic from a jar.  I put a lot of pepper this time.   I have learned that the meat doesn't stick to the pan if I put some oil in the pan but then there is more to drain.  I season the meat. Then I season it again. Then I cook it. I drain it. I add the sauce. I season again. Then I add more pepper.  I have learned I never use too much seasoning so I go back through and add more. I need to start using the right amount the first time.  I always wonder how I know what is the "right" amount since I don't actually taste the sauce at any point while I'm cooking it. 

With the pasta cut up for some reason I didn't even feel like I needed to make spaghetti sandwiches, which is really weird because I always eat spaghetti sandwiches anymore. 

By the time I was done eating dinner, it was 9 pm and too late to start laundry. I really need to wash the light load, mainly because I only have 1 pair of workout socks left. 

No comments:

Post a Comment