Monday, March 15, 2010

Potluck

OK I decided to have the potluck a separate post so then I guess Sunday is a separate post too. So my last title was a lie.

I spent some time prepping.
I cleaned potatoes for parsley and roasted potatoes.
I used 6 potatoes for parsley potatoes and 8 for roasted potatoes.

I got the cookies trayed.
I got the brushetta on the little toasts.


We planned to have dinner ready at 6:15 since people were supposed to arrive at 6 and there would be appetizers.

Dave cooked the chicken and hot dogs.


Appetizers I had:


The grill sure enjoyed the rain.


Jason and Haley were early. They sat in the car but I was on to them.


Haley brought a bread bowl with a spinach dip along with vegetables. Plus a cappuccino cake.

I still had to stir the roasted potatoes and add the stuff to the parsley potatoes since I planned for them to not be done before people arrived.

Brie and John were late. My timing worked out well for that.
Dave made hot dogs but way burnt them. Sad times.

Here is the table.

Notice the dessert fork. Is that facing the correct way? I should look that up.

I didn't get a picture of the appetizer table. It had what I mentioned above plus deviled eggs.

Brie also brought the green bean casserole.

We ate. I was the slowest... of course.
Nobody wanted my cookies. Well the store bought cookies. They had cake though. Then they commented about me pushing the food. And I mentioned how I'm part Italian and then had to talk about gram and how you have to eat for a solid 2 hours when you visit her so I'm mild compared to that.

Then I took Brie's picture in my daily picture spot.


Then a shot of the girls. My face is red because I consumed alcohol.


Haley offered to take my daily picture. She had me lift up my leg. Silly. And I don't have another shot so I have to use this now on my calendar site.

Also I faced the wrong way. If I faced the other way, my gowear would be hidden.

Then while Brie changed into her jeans I got a picture with Haley.


Dave got tired.


Haley and Jason were opening the third bottle of wine.



Based on the above picture, you would never guess that they are broken up.


We then went on to play a game. 2 people sat on the couch even though it could seat 4. 3 people sat on the floor.
We played Balderdash. It's a game where someone reads a word. Everyone guesses the definition and writes it down. The person who read it, writes down the correct answer. Then someone reads all definitions and people guess which is the correct definition. It was much better than I expected. Jason's answers were very funny.


We played 2 games. Haley won them both. She was in dead last for the longest time in the first game.

Haley and Jason left a little after 10. I was shocked they even stayed that long. I warned Brie and John to not leave when Haley and Jason left, so they stayed.

Brie and John left a little after midnight. Brie played Heavy Rain. She liked it.

Dave actually had fun. Maybe he won't fight me on doing these things in the future.

3 empty bottles

3 comments:

  1. briebribeez (LiveJournal)March 15, 2010 at 1:18 PM

    I like reading it from your perspective better. :)

    Maybe next time we won't be late?

    ReplyDelete
  2. smilincolleen (LiveJournal)March 15, 2010 at 1:45 PM

    Your perspective wasn't so detailed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. smilincolleen (LiveJournal)March 15, 2010 at 2:18 PM

    Ack I see these pictures and notice that the door to the laundry room is open. The mess shows. Grr.

    ReplyDelete