Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sunday

Today was a busy day that started at 8:30 AM.

I knew I had a lot to do. I got started right away.  I typed my to do list to Dave on IM. Then I remembered I had a post a few days ago about things to do.  I printed that.  41 things total.  I added as I went. I did not progress well. I got the first thing done at 10:18.  at 1:02 I got the 12th thing done.  Then I finally went down to eat.  I was ready to pass out by this point.

Dave was also productive. He hung up the full length mirror. He also fixed the blinds (rehung them up with another spacer).  Both things have been waiting to be done for over a year.




I ate a lot and watched the Biggest Loser. I think I am still 1 week behind.
I had leftover angel hair, leftover Texas Roadhouse rolls with butter, and leftover Texas Roadhouse Pork on bread.


With about 20 seconds left in Biggest Loser Dave came down. That was perfect timing.
He was excited. He turned on C-SPAN.   I didn't stay downstairs for long.  I went back upstairs to work on my to do list. I could hear him yelling at the TV.  At one point I even called my mom to see if she was watching CSPAN. She was at Sam's Club but made my dad and brother leave so she could go home and watch. She said she has 1.5 hours in the buffer so she could rewind and see what all the commotion was about.

I came downstairs after I did some more things on my to do list (around 3:44). Dave was still watching MSNBC and CSPAN.  I put laundry in and was ready to go for a run. Dave wanted to go for a walk so we did that and my run was delayed. We only walked on our street then entire way. It took 19 minutes.  Then I just waited for the washer to be done to put the clothes in the dryer before my run. I ended up wasting 20 minutes. The washer said 1 minute for a very long time.


Then I finally ran. I ran the first loop that Dave wanted me to run. I didn't want to because there was too much of a hill. I still did it. I planned the route before I left.  The weather got cooler before I left.






The first loop was new. The 2nd loop was the loop I did last time.  The 3rd and 4th laps were the same and the same as what I added last time.  I wanted closer to 8 miles which is why I did that lap twice.

I stretched by this sign. The barn is up the driveway from the sign.




Coming up 3 degree road I saw this telephone pole.  It is cracked and held together by some duct tape and then some rope that goes to a tree.

 
The tree was passed at the following time.



Dave called me 62 minutes into my run. I was maybe 20 seconds from turning onto my street.  He thought I died.  He didn't realize I had planned to run so long.

I finished in under 77 minutes.

Here is what I looked like after my run and before my shower.




I hurried to shower so we could go to dinner.  This was actually around 7 or 8.
We went to Houlihan's. We used the coupon my mom gave me. Dave kept pretending to dictate what would end up in my blog. I liked that. It was funny. Too bad I can't remember all that he said.

I got lettuce wraps. Dave got a Caesar Salad.  I got 7 lettuces instead of 4. These ones were smaller and harder to work with though.

Then I got soup. Dave ate the cheese, chives, and bacon off the top.


I ate all my lettuce wraps except for the one that Dave ate.

Then I got my french fries. I guess that was my meal. Dave got his French Dip and Swiss. 

I also ate some of Dave's fries. At one point he could tell I was full so he put the rest of his fries into his au ju sauce.


The restaurant was almost empty. Dave said that must be because everyone was at home watching C-SPAN just like how when the Penguins were in the last round of the playoffs then nobody was out.   He then proceeded to turn on his C-SPAN app.

We hurried home before the vote. Hurried so much that we forgot to deposit checks. 

We got home and Dave ran to the TV to hurry to turn on C-SPAN and then he kept swapping between buffers between C-SPAN and MSNBC. 

While typing this, the vote passed
I got video of the vote passing too.




It passed with 219. Roll call.

What a historic day. The house passes the bill and I ran the longest in my life (time [77 min] and distance [7.7 mi]).

(I probably missed stuff with my day.)

No comments:

Post a Comment