Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Training

Yesterday I realized I was giving training today with a coworker. Usually when this happens I pick what is easier to give and give that portion of the training since we never had a pre-job brief about this.

I never gave this training before. The other 2 trainings we give, I have given multiple times.

Well today when I walk into work I get asked if I can give most of it and use my laptop and the coworker will be leaving partway through.

I say OK but start stressing since this isn't even material i'm intimately familiar with. Also this training was to managers.

Well the first part of the training is what the coworker gave is it is what is more familiar with me.  Then it was my turn. I thought I went fairly quickly and didn't give enough examples but then I was done with 3 minutes until the end of the training. And I still had to open the floor to questions.  We ran over.  Then I forgot to give the course evaluation sheet out. Oops. I did get a few of the people that were left to fill it out and then I went to a few desks of those that I knew to get them to fill it out. None of them were at their desk so I had to leave the evaluations. Not sure if this means that they will get filled out or not.

Giving trainings makes me so nervous.  Today was the worst.  Then things went wrong today.

After training I was telling a manager about how I smashed my finger yesterday at the gym and he called to fill out an incident report. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment