Monday, March 29, 2010

Saturday - A busy day

I realized 8-9:30 was registration and breakfast and my activities didn't start until 9:30 at Robert Morris so I was going to sleep in. I did. I actually thought I'd have extra time but then I left a few minutes late. It took over 45 minutes to get there.  The first session had started by the time I got there but they were just starting with introductions. I was delayed because I didn't have the campus map so I had to boot up my work computer and print it. I had issues with that too.

I helped with 2 sessions like I had planned. But then they had cancellations on the career panel and asked if I'd do it.  So then I had to stay an extra hour.  I still thought I would have time to go home first. I had stuff I wanted to take to gram at home.

After the career panel, 2 girls came up to me and said that they were at Westinghouse a few months ago and I helped with the event that they went for.  I wasn't even sure which event since I helped with so many.  Then the 2 of them talked to the 3 Westinghouse employees that were on the panel for 20 minutes. They missed their next session.  I barely got in a word edgewise. The one older lady on the panel (she might be 60), dominated and told stories and didn't let any of us really get any words in.  So then instead of being 1 hour behind I was 1.5 hours behind. Once I got to the car I started to check my email. My mom had emailed me saying Aunt Elaine wanted to go to Primanti's for a late lunch. I had to go straight there for it.  We left as soon as I got there.  It was only a few minutes after Max got out of the shower anyway.

I already ate lunch at Robert Morris so I only got cheese fries at Primanti's.  My mom got chili and coleslaw. Everyone else got the stupid sandwiches that have coleslaw and french fries on them.  Timmy got 6 eggs on his.



I also got a group shot. Aunt Elaine got 2 on her camera but she's never loaded pictures from her camera in over a year so I probably won't get them until I load them all on my computer. 



Then it was back to Aunt Elaine's.  We hung out and talked.  Aunt Elaine stopped and bought Iron City on her way home. A few people drank it. I didn't because I don't like beer.  After a few hours all the Iron City was gone. They had pierogies for dinner but I don't like them. So I just had to eat more junk food.

Gram had some beer. She likes to chug it.  She didn't like it.  She said she likes beer from the pipe.  Then she said you know the spigot.  Then we figured out she meant draft.


We took a few family pictures and then my camera battery died. I was so very mad. I got madder later. I might have to start carrying my camera, charger, and spare battery around instead of just the camera.

I didn't stand up so that I didn't look short but then I went ahead and stood up while they were still taking pictures. Oh I had 3 inch heels on too. I'm a shorty.




Then the camera battery died.

My parents left at some point in the evening. They left before the beer was gone.  As they left, I sent them an email telling them to get Mike's leftover sandwich out of the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment