Monday, March 22, 2010

Trouble with anesthesia

This weekend I was talking to my mom. She has trouble when they try to get a breathing tube down her throat.  She learned why.  Well I think the doctor was explaining it to my dad and brother when she had her surgery recently.  You are supposed to be able to put 4 fingers under neath your chin. I can fit 2 or 3 if I squeeze.   I have a lack of chin just like her but mine is worse. Looks like I'll have trouble when I need surgeries and whatnot in the future. Oh joy.  I didn't know this lack of chin would mean I'd have medical complication. I just thought this lack of chin made me ugly.

My mom has to carry a letter in her wallet about how she has trouble getting the breathing tube down her throat and how the head anesthesiologist at the hospital has to be the one to do it.

Sorry the picture wasn't that good. It is hard to take a picture of yourself doing this.  also for the picture I appear to be pushing my chin forward for the picture to make sure it was showing.  On a normal side profile picture, I have less of a chin.

Here is another example of a side profile shot that shows my lack of chin. Now this is probably my favorite side profile shot ever so consider it one of the better shots.  I don't want to look for a "bad" one but maybe I should.  I was actually going to make this shot a LiveJournal icon but then I got rid of LJ and I don't get to have multiple icons on here.  PS this picture was taken on February 23.

No comments:

Post a Comment