Friday, August 13, 2010

18 of 30 (August 12)

I went to the gym before work so I had to get ready for work at work. That's never good when you have a new combination of clothes and you aren't sure how they will work.
 5, 7, 22
I had a necklace in my purse but forgot to put it on at the gym and only remembered about it when I was getting my keys out of my purse to leave work.
Bracelet: Charlotte Russe
Shoes: Macy's
Cardigan (that massively shrunk) and Dress: Kohl's


I almost wore the white belt shown below. I didn't see what it looked like but thought it was nice. Then I went to visit a friend at work and she claimed she liked it better w/o the belt. I'm disappointed. I liked how the belt looks. Which way do you prefer?  There is always next time but I wouldn't want a white belt when I have a white cardigan I don't think.

What worked with my original outfit was all the bright colors. I loved the change. I would have never done this if it weren't for the 30 for 30. So this outfit renewed my confidence and I can finish this challenge.

What didn't are the shoes. They are pretty new. I probably wore them 4 or 5 times in the past month. They keep stretching. I bought those heel inserts. My foot still slides out. An hour into the work day I put a Kleenex in each shoe. that seemed to help but the Kleenex would shift.

I took these pictures after work. I often wonder if I should brush my hair after work or put on fresh makeup for my pictures. I think I'd look better but I may be too lazy.  Does anyone else reapply make-up right before their daily photos? 


Work was busy. Jen wanted to know if we were going to happy hour. Nick had to go earlier than we wanted so I came back to work after.  That was pretty fun. I think I did my best writing after I got back. I wanted to be quick. Also it was later so nobody was left and there were no distractions. Distractions are the worst when you are trying to write.

Then after work the 2nd time I went to Target to get some cat litter. I also bought a new black belt and tweeters for my bag at the gym. I keep wishing I had tweezers when I see myself in the bright mirror at the gym and now I can have them.  Next week the belt will be worn. It might be Tuesday since I already have my Monday outfit picked out. But it may change because I still need to iron the skirt for my Monday outfit.

I have decided that I should plan out the rest of my outfits because I'm sick of having to go to my computer in the morning to see if I wore the combination before that I have in my mind.

One rule of this challenge was supposed to be no shopping. I originally said I wouldn't participate in that, but I think I have purchased more accessories in the past month than I have in the previous year.  I don't think I bought any clothes during this challenge though. I think reading a ton of fashion blogs about the 30 for 30 proved to me that I needed accessories. I knew before I needed them but really I didn't care before. Somehow I care now.  I think because I keep getting compliments when I didn't really used to be.  Sometimes I wore most of the outfit before but there is a touch that is different now and I will get a compliment on it now.  Or maybe I just get compliments because people know that makes my day and they want to make me happy for when they ask for help.

While typing this, Poly came and tried to type some. Here is evidence.

6 comments:

  1. That cat's getting big.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so too. I hope she doesn't end up too fat. She likes to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this one! You know how much I like bright colors. I like it with the belt best - it gives you a good waist.

    I also am happy that this made you feel better about the challenge. I obviously fell out of it (honestly, I have to admit a large part of it is because of my stupid pants not fitting anymore, pretty much at all) but have still been trying to show you my outfit photos.

    Poly looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you like the belt. I liked it. I can't believe I let one person's comment, facial reaction stop me from wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it both ways! I really truly can't decide. Sucks about the shoes...I hate when a pair that you really like just doesn't fit the way you want.

    I don't touch up or anything before my photos...literally it's me walking in the door after work, grabbing the husband and walking right out. I don't reapply makeup during the day ever (although I do keep a comb at work for my bangs).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also don't reapply make-up at work for any reason.
    I have a brush at work. I have maybe used it 3 times and all 3 times I went to the gym at lunch.

    At least I know with belt or without will work. Thanks for your opinion.

    ReplyDelete