Monday, August 9, 2010

Hornets

Saturday my husband noticed a hornets nest on the side of the garage.   I sprayed it Saturday night. It's huge. The picture doesn't do it justice.

Then Sunday, I was showing my parents some things about the neighbors new patio and we noticed another big nest on the side of our house.   We also noticed 2 small ones and a yellow jacket hole in the ground near the house for a nest.
I sprayed the first nest Saturday night. I really soaked that thing.   I wore Dave's hoodie while doing it. I wanted to be protected.  They didn't attack so I was good.  I was kind of afraid because the thought of being stung brought back memories of when I was at my Aunt's when I was younger and got stung right below my eye because my cousin was playing with bubbles and making a mess and attracting them. (He didn't get stung though, I did.)

I sprayed all other nests Sunday night. 1 hornet almost attacked me from the big one on the side of the house.

I had to spray them because my husband is too chicken.  My mom kept insisting that we need to call an exterminator. Dave would also make me do the calling with them too. I need a husband at home that actually deals with things that husbands deal with.  I guess I also need a wife to cook and clean at home too.

4 comments:

  1. Those look big. Getting rid of hornets' nests is one of the best things around, though (when you don't get stung). I loved getting that nest in your parents' shed that one time.

    "I guess I also need a wife to cook and clean at home too." I laughed out loud at this and thought, "She's too much."

    ReplyDelete
  2. (I also thought, "Blogs are a much better way to get out one's frustrations than fighting, considering that generally, neither one fixes the problem at hand." But maybe blogs have more problem-fixing potential, because other people can agree with you and then you have more clout.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad you aren't here to get rid of the nests for us.

    I don't even know how people keep a house clean and dust free + cook meals + have any time to do anything at all remotely fun.

    I like when people agree with me on here. Usually nobody comments.

    Or maybe blogs have more problem causing potential because then someone gets mad you write about them on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's true. I just always tend to think that strength in numbers will show people the error of their ways. But most of the time I'm wrong about that. Nothing ever shows anyone the error of their ways, short of, like, near-death experiences. And even those wear off. I always think the facts will speak for themselves when I'm on the side of facts in an argument and the other person isn't, but when people are mad, they hate facts, too.

    ReplyDelete