Saturday, August 21, 2010

9/80 Friday (August 20)

Friday, August 20, was my 9/80 day off and I didn't work! Good thing because family was in town and I wanted to hang out with them. 

I was late to Aunt Elaine's to eat stuffed cabbage because I had to finish laundry.
Aunt Nancy made stuffed cabbage. It wasn't quite like gram's but gram had more years of making it. 
Aunt Elaine also had other food but none of gram's recipes.
Aunt Nancy brought some wine so they drank that. I only took a sip of Timmy's red wine.

Then we left there and went to Leuhm's to buy Dave beef jerky.  Then to my parents for a little then it was off to Joann and Jimmy's. Joann is Uncle Ron's sister. They had a picnic there for all the out of the guests but my parents and I were invited.  Dave didn't go (of course) but everyone else from our family went. 
At Leuhm's Timmy saw a carton of candy cigarettes.  He bought them. 3 bucks for the carton. Then he tried to be cool and put a pack in his shirt sleeve. Each cigarette is 4.8 calories.

Jason and Monica came to the picnic after the rehearsal dinner.  Little Jason came too and wanted to play bocce. He watched for awhile and Aunt Dottie somehow got him to sit on her lap. I thought it was pretty impressive how he sat on her lap like that and just watched.

Once the game was over, a few of the kids rolled the balls back and forth with Jason. He liked that. 

For the first time in probably all of history my dad asked to leave before my mom did. I left at the same time they did and it was a little after 10pm.  I got home shortly after 11, told Dave about my day, and went to sleep. 

At the picnic, I met a lot of new people and I forgot most of their names instantly. 
I said I didn't work on this 9/80 day off but actually I did reply to some work emails from my phone. It wasn't anything major though. 
I was really jealous of Joann and Jimmy's flat yard, patio, many tables outside, and shade trees. They did just have some regular tables out there. It made me think that I could possibly have a picnic outside.  I still don't think I could pull it off.  I live "too far away" as my family says and my friends all like weird things or don't like each other or don't have the same interests as each other.  Also every time I think of planning something, something else comes up for me or everyone else is busy so then I just don't plan it.  Also Dave doesn't like lots of people so then it's difficult to get him to help cook or something if he doesn't even want to be part of anything. He always tries to tell me that he will be out of town when I'm asking to have a picnic. Or he tells me that he will hide upstairs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment