Sunday, August 15, 2010

Busy Saturday (8.14)

(Sorry this is an extremely long post.)
Saturday was extra busy because I had to fit something in that was supposed to happen on Sunday.

Poly didn't want to come in when Dave was closing the Window.
Poly is cute
Fully body shot of Poly hanging there. 
It started with a 9:30 appointment.
Shortly later, we realized it was going to rain on Sunday and that would ruin going to Moraine State Park to take pictures. Timmy was even going to come to take pictures so I didn't have to keep running back and forth and setting the timer.  We decided to go to a local park.  

Prior to going, Dave gave me my anniversary present. I have since discovered that most women would have known where that box was from just based on the color. I did not know. It's Tiffany's in case any of you are like me.  I got a very nice ring.
Well we ended up going to Adams Township Community Park and using a tripod and taking some pictures.  Lake Arthur would have been better scenery but we didn't have time to drive all the way there.  More photos and details are shown if you click read more at the bottom.

We've had better pictures in the past but these were good under the circumstances.
I got a few daily pictures too. This could have done my 30 for 30 if I had put jeans into the mix. Oh well. I think from picking clothes only in my 30 made me pick something from there too. I don't know if it was the best choice or not. I wish Dave would have worn his vertical striped light green shirt over this horizontal striped dark green shirt.
As soon as we got home, I hurried to upload the pictures, quickly crop some, upload them to my picasa, and head downstairs to start making pepperoni bread.  I was making more pepperoni bread than normal because I had so many things to make it for.
The trick about good pepperoni bread is cooking the pepperoni bread slightly first so that a lot of the grease is gone.  I need a better trick than heating them in the microwave, because you can only do so many at a time and it seems to take so long. It also wastes a lot of paper towels that way. Granted the paper towels do get soaked with grease so I guess it is good that way.

The pepperoni bread took so long to make that I really wanted a nap. I didn't have time. I was already late going to Emily's.  I took the tray of pepperoni bread above to Emily's. I stayed less than 2 hours. I stayed longer than I was going to and I got there late so then I was really late for Brie's.
At Emily's, people complimented my pepperoni bread.
At Brie's I got compliments too. One person didn't even know what pepperoni bread was. Dave claims pepperoni bread is a local thing. I don't believe him.
We watched movies at Brie's which caused me to stay way too late. I was so tired from my super busy day.

As soon as I got home I went straight to bed. I even forgot to put on my gowear fit after getting home.  I also should have been home earlier since I had an 8:00AM running date with someone.

We set up the tripod in 2 different spots. The scenery wasn't even that great but it turned out OK. Dave doesn't like what he looks like in any of these pictures. I don't like my smile in most of them.  I wore my tallest shoes so I was closer to Dave's height. That helped make the pictures better.  I learn photography tricks over the years. I still have a lot more to learn. There are some that I know but they go out the window when I have to hit the timer and run over. I will be buying a remote soon to try to avoid this.

11 comments:

  1. I like the ones where you're smiling best. Some of them you look cranky.
    I would have never known the ring was from Tiffany's. I don't know these things.

    The pepperoni bread was great! Sorry we kept you out too late. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing I don't keep up with on my personal emails is the emails I send to myself telling me to do something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe you guys are cute! And holy crap you are wearing the SAME sweater (and a light blue shirt) in this post as you are in today's post. Crazy coincidence!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is actually a different light blue shirt. Note this ones V-Neck. This one is the one I wore on Sept 2 (note Sept 2 and 4 look similar) September Calendar site

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally knew it was a different shirt. :P I was just talking about the sweater. Just a coincidence the shirts were both light blue as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I see you didn't mean the same shirt just that the same color.
    I'm analyzing the jeans and think based on all the jeans I own that I think they are the same jeans. I could be mistaken though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If they are, that is an even bigger coincidence! Do you ever wear dresses? I LOVE dresses (comfortable and feminine) but I always feel like people think I look too dressed up if I wear them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes I do wear dresses. In the middle of summer I wear them more. On telecommuting days I wear them often because they are like pajamas. But in the winter I don't because I get too cold so I wear pants. Also dress + sandals isn't that dressed up but in winter I would wear pantyhose and pumps and then it makes things all dressed up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah I need to expand on the winter dress look. I get lazy and wear pants every day of the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wear a few. I just feel too dressy. But I prefer skirt + shirt combo. Skimming my calendar site I realized I did a 30 for 30 in January and that's why I didn't wear dresses. I made that 30 for 30 hard! It was hard. I took out some of my favorite stuff just to challenge myself. March 2 I wore one (March)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I have my brown print dress, 3 black dresses, black and white dress, blue dress (slightly tight now), pink print dress, other print dress, purple dress, and coral dress. That might be it for work ones. The pink one is borderline work appropriate because it is about an inch shorter than I'd like for work. I have a couple non work appropriate ones too. Nov 7 shows one of them (November)

    At work I wear a skirt/dress 1-2 times a week I'd say. In the winter I have to walk between buildings so sometimes it sucks. Also I have to cover my legs with a sweater/blanket in pants or a skirt at my desk so that doesn't matter.

    ReplyDelete