Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A cut

Last night I was making spaghetti for dinner. I was moving spices and kind of knocked over the thing of oil. I was going to grab it as it was falling. At that point, it hit the side of the pot and cracked and since I was in the motion to grab it, I grabbed it all right and got a nice cut.  The oil was full. It was probably the fullest the container has been in a long time.

The cut was about 1/4" deep.  It was really hard to get a picture because it kept filling up with blood and it was hard to get the camera to focus.

I got oil all over the counter and the floor. The worst part of it was that it got all under the stove.





Before the steri-strip and after the initial pictures I laid on the floor because I felt tingly all over. I'm pretty sure it was all in my head. I didn't lose that much blood or anything.
 I used steri strips instead of a bandaid or going to the doctor. These are the ones the surgeon gave me after he took out my stitches and my incisions split open. If I had to replace the strips, he wanted me to have these on hand.  They are good.... or so I though.

I used my hand and made it bleed so I guess it didn't hold the cut together that well after all.
What to do if you need to clean up olive oil.


My spaghetti

 It woke me up a few times in my sleep. I guess I bumped it.

Also today on my way to lunch, I touched the railing and boy did it hurt. I had to eat lefty.   Even so much typing with all these blog posts is taking it's toll.

I took off the steri-strip since it was all bloody and I had to clean out the wound. Well it opened up so I put more steri-strip on. Hopefully this helps.   I wonder how long my use of my right hand will be impacted.

No comments:

Post a Comment