Sunday, August 8, 2010

Outfits (not part of 30 for 30) (August 6, 7, 8)

Originally when I started the 30 for 30 I thought I wouldn't count Fridays since I am supposed to have every other Friday off and I was not counting weekends to begin with. I wish I realized other people were including weekends. I could have made this work swapping out 2 shirts for a pair of sneakers and a pair of jeans.  Then I would be so close to being done. Also on the weekends I tried to wear things in my 30 for 30 just for the sake of wearing things included.

Anyway so far all the Fridays I have actually worn things in the 30. At first it was because I missed a few days when I missed 3 days worth of work.  Well this Friday I decided to wear a different skirt. I figured it was a little short for work but I don't see people on Fridays anyway and I would be leaving after a half day to go to the dentist.   Well I didn't realize they would take goodbye pictures for the interns and now there is evidence of me in my shorter skirt for years to come.

8/6
8/6
Coral Shirt - Express  February 28, 2009 - Ross Park Mall
Express Skirt - $16, 50ish, on sale for 20 and then all clearance stuff was on sale more. April 23, 2010, Ross Park Mall
White Shoes - Famous Footwear. April 17, 2010
Necklace I thought Charlotte Russe but maybe Forever 21. Spring 2009.
Purse (in a later picture): TJ Max

Click read more at the bottom to see the pictures that were taken of me outside on Friday and to see the evolution of the outfit.
8/7

8/7
Tank Top: Ann Taylor Loft Spring 2009
Necklace: Target 2009
Jeans: Express 2010  -- I think with those shoes, I should have had on longer jeans. I loved the high heel though. I like to have my height be as close to Dave's as possible. I could wear 10 inch heels to be as tall as him but that isn't practical.
Shoes: Kohl's less than a month ago
8/8
8/8
Same jeans and pants as the day before ;)
Shirt: Ann Taylor Loft (XS.. wish it was a small. seems a little tight. but i bought a bunch of these on sale and they didn't have any smalls left.) March or April 2009.


I took my picture in my normal spot at home. 
I went to work then went to the dentist.  I was getting home at the same time as my husband and begged him to take my picture outside. He did. I don' like them. He wouldn't move more than 2 feet from the garage and our driveway is really sloped so everything looked weird. I don't like the two that he took of me in the yard. 
Then I went down to check the mail.  I really like those pictures. 
After we were done, I noticed I never put my necklace back on. The dentist had me take it off for a panoramic x-ray.
After I napped, we were going to go out to dinner. I decided to use my new clutch that I had never used before.  So then I took yet another daily picture. 
I wore the same clutch out in public on Saturday.  I only had my camera, phone, keys, drivers license, and 1 credit card in this thing.



I am doing better and wearing different colors together that are all bright colors.  I would have never worn this necklace with this shirt in the past.

I wore my running shoes around until Dave and I went out to dinner and then I changed into the nice shoes shown in the picture at the top of the post.  I also wore my hair up while doing work around the house.  It was way too hot today.

It felt good to wear things not in the 30 for 30 challenge.  I think not including the weekends in my 30 for 30 items/count made it so I actually wore shirts I might not normally wear.  I guess there are pros and cons to doing the 30 for 30 the way I did it.

1 comment:

  1. I really liked all of these outfits - and the photos at your mailbox are great. :)

    ReplyDelete