Friday, August 20, 2010

Bye Bye Hornets (August 19)

Finally Frye Pest Management called me back. It took a few calls for me to get him to return my call. I was spraying the nests myself but I don't think it was working.

Previously I posted pictures of the hornets nests.  I don't think I had pictures of all of them.

Dead Hornets
 So much for paying to have the nest removed.
 The white is where he sprayed in the ground to get rid of that nest.
Now I wonder if we are supposed to clean the bits of nest off or if the rain will take care of it. Does anyone know?

I never even checked if he removed the nest on the back steps. I forgot to tell him about the one outside the dining room.

2 comments:

  1. You should probably scrape it off with a paint scraper. Sometimes when it rains on it it just turns into mush and stays there. It's gross. You can use a rake to rake up the remainders, but shove it straight into a bag so you don't get stung.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm I only have the little paint scrapers and I don't have a ladder to get at that tall one.

    ReplyDelete