Monday, April 11, 2011

Shopping 4/9/11 - Shoes

I had a good shopping trip at the Famous Footwear on Route 8. That Famous Footwear always has more in my size on clearance.

I bought 3 pairs of shoes for $38.24. If everything was full price, it would have been $169.97.
Connie
Dana
Originally $59.99. On sale for $29.99. 15% off = $25.49

  • Faux-suede upper with strappy overlays on vamp
  • Peep toe, piped edging detail
  • 3 1/2" heel, rubber outsole

I may or may not be too scared to wear these ones.

Connie
Kathryn
Originally $59.99.  On sale for $10. 15% off = $8.50

  • Leather upper
  • Lace-up front
  • Almond-shaped toe

(The review on the link said the shoes are too narrow but I loved them because they weren't too loose like my  similar shoes from Sears. I also like these new ones better because I didn't really like the shiny leather.)

Hot Kiss
Sherri
Originally $49.99. On sale for $15. rang up for $5. 15% off = $4.25

  • Faux leather upper
  • Padded insole, round toe
  • Rubber outsole, 3 1/2" heel

I wore these on April 11. They hurt the balls of my feet when I walked a mile* at work. But for $4.25, I am willing to buy little gel pads for the balls of my feet to make these better.  Also I'm not even sure if most heels could handle walking a mile in them.)

*It was longer than a mile but it was broken up in a few different walking times, but I also stood talking with a heavy backpack on for about a half hour.

Have you gotten any good shopping deals lately?
After I got my good deals I called my husband to tell him I bought 3 pairs of shoes. He didn't sound happy. Then I asked him to guess how much I spent. He guessed $150. I told him $38 and he seemed a little happier (aka wasn't groaning at me anymore).

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! I really like that third pair.

    It's always a good thing to be able to tell them a much lower amount than they guess! :)

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete