Saturday, April 30, 2011

1.5 mile run (4.30)

Today I ran. It as my first run in what feels like forever. I was limited to 1.5 miles due to what the 2nd physical therapist said.

I ran it at the track.  I ran in lane 4. I ran 3 laps then turned around and ran 3 the other way.

I assume my garmin was off but I was in late 4 versus 1 so it says I ran 1.63 miles in 14.01. That's an 8:36 pace.

The first 3 laps were pretty consistent and the last 3 laps were consistent but slower than the first 3. I tend to run slower the opposite way because I don't have the straight away to pick up speed  at the end of a lap.

I iced my knee when I was done.

My knee didn't hurt but it because sore. I'm not fully sure how to describe it. I definitely felt like if I ran on it more, my knee would have been in some bad pain.  I stretched at the car and then I went home and iced my knee.

My endurance is gone. I was struggling with my run. I guess with 8:36 pace I had reason to struggle. The last time I ran was April 7 and before that April 3.   My muscles are still sore today from abduction and adduction machines.

I really wonder who I will have at PT on Tuesday. I'm hoping for a repeat of one of the people I already had at least.

I was scared to run. Just as I got there and was turning on the satellites on my Garmin, car after car showed up of high school boys. I didn't know what was up but didn't want to run around them. I sucked it up and ran. The kids were practicing soccer. A few other kids were practicing high jump.   I sucked it up because I was only running 1-1.5 miles so I could handle the stress that maybe they are watching me for 15 minutes.

This morning Dave and I went to the track. We walked 1 mile. We jogged (slowly) 50 yards at a time 4 times and then 20 yards once.

2 comments:

  1. - Well, that's a good trial distance.

    - I know what you mean about track-watchers. No matter what, it feels weird to have an impromptu audience.

    - Nice work, Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was a good trial distance. Now I have to run again or more. I forgot last night.

    I don't mind other runners and walkers but the practicers are the ones that I don't like. They aren't doing their own thing the entire time or I fear getting hit with a soccer ball too.

    ReplyDelete