Wednesday, April 27, 2011

4.23 Outfit

While we were out buying vegetables, I had Dave take my picture.
Jeans: Express
Shoes: Famous Footwear (2009)
Shirt: Loft (2009)
Jacket: NY&Co (2008 or earlier)
Scarf: Relay for Life booth (2009) ($5)
Earrings (Heart stones): Valentine's Day gift (2007)

I threw on this jacket because if I got cold I could wear it and if I got hot I could take it off. I hate being out and the AC is freezing and I'm suck. I ended up wearing it the entire time. My mom commented that it was warm and I didn't need it.  Then it got cold after dinner when it rained. I'm glad I had it.

I haven't worn this in awhile because 3 or so years ago Dave told me he didn't like it. He thought it wasn't long enough or hit my hips wrong or something so then I got discouraged from wearing it. I only wear it as a jacket that matches my clothes not as part of my outfit all day. I liked it. Now I want to wear it more. Now I'm made that I gave the black version of this to goodwill.  This is why I never go through my clothes and give them away... because later I might want them.  My closet is too full though. Also I tried on the jean jacket from 2002 and it is very very boxy so I should just get rid of it. I haven't worn it since 2003. But I'm scared so back in the closet it went.
I couldn't handle it that Timmy was watching. I couldn't relax in my pose.

I haven't been labeling my photos with where I got them. I need to get back into the swing of things.

5 comments:

  1. I really like this jacket on you! I'm all for giving away clothes regularly (I just got rid of 2.5 bags full)...even if you end up wanting something you already gave away, fashion is cyclical and you may be able to find a new one (and if you've had to buy it again, then you'll know not to give it away again).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well up until this past month I thought I had the room for it all so what's the matter with keeping the stuff. My closet wasn't even close to full. Well now it is full.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do the same thing, and keep clothes for WAY too long, just in case I need them again later! I am thinking of trying to whittle down my closet and keep it in a rotation by selling some of my clothes after I have worn them - even for as little at $5.
    I love this yellow and white look - perfect for spring!
    -Liz
    http://restonstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Liz. I never thought I liked yellow but once I started wearing yellow with white I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a fan of the jacket. The scarf was a fun choice as well.

    ReplyDelete