Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Run 4.3.11 (3.02 miles instead of 12)

Last year I tended to cut my runs in half. Now I'm cutting them in 1/3 or not doing them at all. OK last year I was either cutting them in half or not doing them at all. I am the worst.

But I guess something is better than nothing.
My knee started to hurt after .6. At 1.5 I knew I couldn't make it the full 5 mile loop. I kept going and doubled back on the shortcut road. 

No walking and it felt hillier than it looks
I did go home and use the exercise bike for 35 minutes.  Then I lifted weights with Dave for 40 minutes. We need more room in our weight room. I think we need to get rid of some of the spare bedroom furniture of find a way to rearrange the room. We did triceps, biceps, back, chest, shoulders, and abs.  Then I got back on the bike for another 25 minutes so it ended up with 60 total minutes on the bike.  My 12 mile run should have been about 2 hours.  I worked out for 2 hours 10 minutes but just didn't work out as hard as running would have been.

How do you handle being injured while training for a race?

2 comments:

  1. I cross train, and it looks like you're doing that very well! Biking is my favorite, as well as yoga. I love yoga. Swimming is fun too, but it takes a lot of motivation to actually get me to the pool and in the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am doing cross training but I don't know how much that helps with marathon running.

    ReplyDelete