Wednesday, April 27, 2011

4.27.11 - Appointments

Shirt: Loft (2009)
Skirt: B Moss (2005)
Shoes: Aldo (2011)
Necklace: Charlotte Russe (2009)

This skirt is longer than I want it to be.  Today at work I tried to pull the waistband up how it is in th left picture. I like it much better. I need to spend a weekend altering my clothes instead of watching TV and shorten this.
The colors of the necklace and shirt seemed more similar before seeing it in this picture.  I have only ever worn this skirt with this shirt, another blue one from Loft, or 2 different green ones that are the same shade. Today I decided I think I could wear my bright pink shirt because the brightness would go.  I still might be too scared to try to wear that. We shall see.
I wore blue today. I forgot that I am supposed to wear blue tomorrow for Take Your Kid to Work Day.  Time to figure out what other blue shirt to wear tomorrow.
While getting ready to leave the house, Poly thought it was time to take a shower and weigh herself. She is cute.

My day started with PT at 7:30. It was my 2nd appointment. I had a 2nd guy (and Friday I'll have a third person).... I think they should try to schedule me with the same person. But what do I know.

I got there at 7:20 for my 7:30 appt. They call me back at 7:40. The doctor was late. I saw him walk in at 7:35.

I did some exercises and the room was so hot. It was not a good idea to wear my work shirt there. I was definitely sweating like crazy just on the bike for 10 minutes. Then I did other things. I kept making them have me do more weight than they told me originally.
The guy really stretched me out. It was crazy.

I was told that the last therapist didn't really have to limit me to 10 minutes on a bike and I can go longer, which is good.
Also I asked him how long until I can run. He said I can try 1 mile this weekend. If I feel good at 1 mile I can go 1.5 miles but no longer.

They didn't specifically give me exercises to do at home. Most exercises were on gym equipment but luckily I have access to that or I wouldn't know what to do at home.  Some of the equipment was different but the same type of thing. I used an abduction and adduction machine. I also used something similar to a leg press but it is lying down versus sitting.  They still don't have me doing many exercises and it still was 80 minutes back with the guy. I only got to work at 9:05. That was with a 7:30 appointment. Next week when I have an 8:15 and an 8:45 that will suck.  I miss my old PT where they had 7:00 appointments.

I had a normal work day. I was busy and had meetings. Since it is Administrative Professional's Day, I had cards to give my admin and the admin that also supports us. I had trouble tracking them down all day. My admin really liked the homemade card. It made me feel nice.

Then I had to leave work early to get to Monroeville for my allergy shot and allergy / asthma appointment.  They were running way behind. It was not cool.  I go over the same things. i have no idea why they want to see me every 6 months for an appointment. All we do is talk about the races I run and my injuries. I tell him how I don't fill prescriptions he gives me and how I don't take any of the medicine.  I surely could be seen yearly for that. I do get free samples but I barely take them anyway.  When I was leaving they commented that 3 people were late due to traffic. I mentioned the bad traffic too (but I wasn't late). Then I said how I was coming from Cranberry and someone said the others were too. I mentioned the only traffic was really getting out of the work parking lot. The rest of the traffic wasn't bad.  But 15 minutes to get out of Cranberry Woods would sure put a damper on anybody's travel time.

On my way home, I picked up KFC. Then I ate and watch Community. Then we watched The Event and American Idol.  Now it is bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment