Friday, April 8, 2011

Friend Friday: Spring Trends

This week Katy wanted us to name our top 5 spring trends.
I thought this was rather funny because I don't know any spring trends that we look forward to seeing this season.  After I thought about it, I thought I read on some blogs that flares are back. I also read bright colors are back.  So instead of naming my top 5, I'm trying to come up with 5 total.

OK I just did a little research and saw about 20-30 spring trends in clothing and accessories and I don't believe half of it.  Then I did a lot more research and still didn't believe it. Some of what I believed, I didn't like. These trends will never hit the suburbs I live in.

Out of what I learned and what I knew here are my top favorite

  1. Stripes
  2. Bold Color
  3. Black Belts
  4. Color Blocking
  5. High Wasted Flare (or hopefully just flare)
Now that was tough.

What is your favorite spring trend?  Is there a trend that you are not looking forward to seeing?

12 comments:

  1. my least favorite trend is high wasted flares or flares. that's tied with ankle-length skirts.

    my favorite is bicycles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, as a suburban girl too, I know what you mean. Color block those outfits with confidence, it is my favorite trend that I forgot on my own list.. oops

    matters of merrymaking

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike. my least favorite was maxi dresses. and I had so many other ones I hated that I was left without anything to put in my top 5.

    I didn't see any bicycles listed on any of the trend pages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bekah, how long does it take trends to hit your area?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Probably three months after everyone else. I know white jeans are popping up this spring, but I don't think heels with socks will ever catch on here!
    In midtown, maybe, but not the suburbs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love love LOVE how you did research. but seriously, i'm going to have to respectfully disagree with your hate of the maxi dress. so comfy, colleen! c'mon, give it a try... :)
    p.s. thanks for doing a short list. i had no idea i was "supposed" to write an explanatory novel per item. sheesh.
    -brittney
    http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't like how I look in a long dress is all so then I don't like that everyone else wears them and looks awesome.
    Too bad yoga pants out in public wasn't a trend. I would like that. I really like my yoga pants.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bekah, It's still too cold here for people to start wearing white (or wearing it enough for me to notice)
    I also don't think socks with sandals or heels will pop up here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love anything with stripes in it. They go great with (high waisted) flares!!

    Sidenote: I finally started my Color Rotation!!

    http://thriftyandshameless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here's stylish bikes. http://www.style.com/stylefile/#on-the-bike-path-with-kate-spade

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think stripes are definitely in but I was buying them in stores a couple months ago! They shouldn't put spring trends out during the winter, it's confusing! I will definitely be looking for some high waisted flares soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Linz, probably the reason that I had to do research is that I thought stripes were in all winter. I didn't know what was different spring versus winter or what was not even a trend.

    ReplyDelete