Thursday, April 28, 2011

4.28 TYKTWD

 This was try 1.  Then I looked at a few pics and even though I was running late, I ran upstairs to grab a belt.
It was far too bright at 7:30 AM for outfit pictures in my standard location.
Skirt: Express 2009 (or so)
Shirt: Express (2009)
Jacket: NY&Co (2008 or earlier)
Shoes: Famous Footwear
Belt: Kohl's
Earrings and Necklace: Target (2009)

It was so windy. I don't even know how I ended up with so many decent pictures.

I needed to wear blue for Take your Kid to Work Day.

I like it better with the belt because without I looked too straight under the jacket. Do you like it with or without the belt? Someone commented to me today that they noticed I've been wearing a lot of belts. And then gave me a compliment about it. :)  I wore the blazer again since I got so many compliments on it the last time.

Today was so busy.

The morning was Take Your Kid To Work Day activities.  We had a new maximum and we had to keep 7-12th graders occupied for 3 hours. I really think the kids enjoyed it. Some years they get bored by the activities, but not this year. One of the volunteers told me how she read my blog and then commented that I really do take a picture of myself everyday. She wanted to know why. Then she questioned my reasoning for my weight graph too. We were discussing my weight graph while I was eating a doughnut.  Since there was a photographer at TYKTWD, I figured I might as well spend the less than 5 minutes to curl my hair. I always like it curled but am lazy.  But then I don't think I made it in a single picture in the 3 hours of TYKTWD. Or if I did, I didn't know, so it is probably awful with me making a weird face or talking.

My shoes were not made for standing and walking. I barely made it back to building 4 after it was all over. These shoes are definitely made for the trash. They used to be good but I have worn them a lot over the past year.

Then it was lunch with Jason.  We went to Olive Garden. The service was so incredibly slow.  I couldn't believe it.  It makes me never want to go back again. Poor Jason sat there without soup or salad for many minutes and then his second soup was even the wrong kind. He didn't bother complaining. He thought there was no point.

Then it was back to work and almost immediately to a meeting.
After the meeting my computer wouldn't work right and I had to reboot. That took a long time. It wasn't that bad because I read an RCA while it was working.
After work it was off to Jersey Mikes for dinner. Then we went to Costco. We bought far too much.
Our grass needs to be cut but instead of doing that, I watched The Voice.
Then Dave and I lifted weights. We did upper body. I got 1 set in of a ton of different things which makes me happy. One muscle was still sore from weights at the gym 2 days ago so I didn't do those hardcore. I did a few things 2 or 3 times.  There was very little rest involved. Dave did better than last time. He got more in.

My muscle shots aren't as good as they look IRL :(

No comments:

Post a Comment