Sunday, August 15, 2010

Awful Quaker Steak

Source
Dave and I went out to do a few errands and then to go to a late lunch.  We couldn't decide where to go and wanted somewhere we don't usually go to. I wanted french fries also.  Well Dave asked if I wanted to go to Quaker Steak. I stupidly said OK.

It was the worst.  We got there and it just felt odd.
It took forever for a server to come greet us.
He did but we didn't know what we wanted. Not because there were too many good options on the menu but quite the opposite.
He took forever to bring us our waters and we still weren't to order.
Then 2 minutes later we were ready. He was nowhere to be found for a long time.
Finally we gave our order. Dave got some sort of boneless breaded wings and I got fries with cheese and bacon on them.
It took an eternity for our food to arrive.
I could tell my food was sitting under the heat lamp for awhile because I burnt my hand on the plate. Dave could tell his was sitting there awhile because the little cup of bleu cheese had stayed at the angle that it was after he removed it from the plate.
Neither one of us could stomach the food. Hence the garbage picture above.  I suffered through it to seem like I ate enough to not seem like I didn't eat any.  Dave was done well before me and even pushed his plate forward. He still had food left in the basket but he put paper wrappers and things on top. It sat there for a very long time before I was done eating. The server never came over to take it away.  Then finally I was done eating what I could stomach and I put my napkin on top of the plate and pushed it away.  Still the server was nowhere to be found.  We sat there a good 10 minutes like this. Then finally he comes over and asks if we want dessert. I say no. BTW I have already gotten out my credit card before he came over. I never get out my credit card, but I wanted to get out of there.
Also during this time and the eating time we could see flies annoying people at other tables.
So back to the story, the server finally takes away our plates and I think he will be right over with our check. We wait another 10 minutes or more. I even throw my credit card up in the air. I quit holding the card and leave it obviously on the table where he could see it if he walks by.
We pay and get outta there. (I gave a bad tip that's how bad it was.)
I'm so grossed out. I cant take it. And I still want food.  I want real food. But I'm also too fed up to deal with any place. Dave wants food too. We both hated it so bad.   I'm never going back again, ever.  I won't even go if work has a party there or something.

So the food was bad, atmosphere was bad, and service was bad. I'm not sure what else could have gone wrong with at lunch trip.

3 comments:

  1. I love the photo that goes along with this post. Also the bleu cheese issue. Also how Facebook has made me more comfortable with leaving comments in the format of, "I like this." I used to be scared of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad facebook made you feel better about it because I love getting all comments no matter what they say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and I really love comments giving me compliments :)

    ReplyDelete