Sunday, April 24, 2011

4.16 - Sick, Poly, Kate's Visit

Saturday should have been cleaning day but it was wake up in the middle of the night with a stomach ache day. 
Poly slept on me. She cuddled extra with me. She tends to do that when I'm sick.
Man at 5:30am that flash sure is bright.
I have a lot of chins at this angle
I needed Poly to get off my stomach so then she cuddled with my legs
Then all morning I should have been cleaning but I stayed in bed and watched the Biggest Loser. I watched 4 or so episodes.  I also did KenKen while watching it.
Poly likes me
At 4:00 in the afternoon I took a 1 hour nap.
What Dave's finger looks like
After my nap, Dave and I went to Giant Eagle and the McGuiness Sisters. I wanted to only buy food for dinner that night but Dave wanted to buy all the groceries.   We ended up getting home too late to cook dinner. I was stressing out.
We make pork chops, veggies, and roasted potatoes.

We were making a decent dinner because Kate was visiting. She drove in with Lynn and Meaghan from Boston on her way to Colorado. Now I knew she was coming for ages but didn't realize the trip was so short. They arrived at 8:45. They were a little bit late.  We ate dinner.
Around 9:30 they invited another RPI alumni, Vince, over.  Vince wouldn't come into the family room. He stayed in the foyer with Meaghan and Lynn for awhile then finally made it into the kitchen.

After a little bit he said he had to get the girls to go downtown. He took 2 of them downtown to bars. He said he'd have them home by 1 since they were going to have to drive 9 hours the following day and would have to leave at 9am.  Then later he corrected it to 12:30 knowing that they should be well rested. The only thing is that Kate drives a Manual and they don't know how to drive it so she has to drive the entire way. But they should be nice passengers and stay awake in the car but if day 1 was a sign to how their road trip would go, they would sleep in th car.  

Kate went into bed around midnight. I headed into bed but had issues falling asleep due to Lynn and Meaghan being out  and the fact that I didn't have their cell numbers or anything.  Well at 1:30 they still weren't home. That's when I went to sleep.   Around 2:30, I heard them so at least I knew they made it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment