Sunday, April 24, 2011

4.21.11

Shoes: The Shoe Dept. (2005 - $20)
Skirt: Express (2010 - $17)
Shirt: NY&Co (2008 - ~$20)
Vest: Express (2010 - $7)
Necklace: Charlotte Russe (Spring 2009 - $6)
Earrings: Target (2011 - <$3)

It is getting hard to memorize when and for how much I got all my clothes.  Some I remember, some I don't.

I branched out and wore this vest with something other than my white button down shirt. I knew when I bought the vest that I wished it was longer and I still wish that.  I wish it was at least one inch longer. I believe I last wore this was June 14, 2010.  I'm not sure if I should keep it or get rid of it. My closet is jam packed with clothes I don't really like. What do you think of it?  How would you style it?


My arms are too large for these sleeves. The left arm buttons were undone at the start of the day. I undid the right arm buttons before 9:00AM. It makes the shirt so much nicer. It seems crazy to me that the rest of the shirt fits (too big in the waist even) but my arms don't fit in the sleeves.
After the gym, I noticed a BIG runner in my pantyhose. I got out my nail polish to stop it from running. It made it a little past my knee. Only a few inches could be seen while standing so I didn't bother changing into my backup pair.  I pulled my skirt back for the picture; it was not that short while sitting.

I went to the gym at lunch. I finally made it to a yoga class! I then lifted weights for my lower body after. It felt great to finally get a workout in. I didn't do anything hardcore because of my knee.  I really liked yoga class. It was the first time I had Kelly teaching it. She doesn't usually but she was filling in for someone. I loved it. She didn't do a million updog or downdogs so then a lot of other nice stuff fit in.
I stayed at work later than I wanted to. I kept getting distracted with work. Then I picked up On the Border for dinner. We ate while watching TV. Then we watched TV. Then it was time for bed.
I lead such an eventful life don't I?

13 comments:

  1. I have the same problem with button down shirts - they never seem to fit quite right in the arms. I also have the same problem with my closet. I have so many things that I'm holding onto because I might want to wear them, but I never do. I guess it's a girl thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some shirts fit me perfectly in the sleeves, some are too big, and some are too small. I guess it is just the company who makes them. Even then, I bet some shirts from the same company and in the same size will fit differently according to how they were cut and sewn together!

    I think I'd also try to wear a long spaghetti strap colored tank under the vest with bare arms. And maybe a black tank under it with a cardigan over it. Or even a black spaghetti strap tank underneath, tucked into pants or skirt, then the vest, then a colorful blazer over it.

    These are just a few options, but you never know if they will work until you put it all together. Sometimes I envision a super cute outfit in my head and it doesn't look right in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linz, Thanks for all the suggestions
    I thought of cardiganing over it but I missed winter and I need a cooler day to try so many layers. I'll let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the vest + colored shirt combo! I hate when sleeves get small...I just leave them unbuttoned if I can't bear to give the shirt away.

    How about pairing the vest with a dress? Or over a plain tee?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a striking outfit - I think due to the above-mentioned vest/shirt contrast. I wonder what it might've looked like with red shoes (wouldn't have thought about that if it weren't for the necklace). Or some other red accent-type-thing. One that wouldn't be too much and make it seem Christmasy or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Callie, The necklace is a pink. It used to be hot pink but it is more of a fushia now but it never photographs properly. I took a picture today of my red necklace and the pink one. https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/TT-FPoLhIWEpWRB3viXiQEsS0SKTfi-3ov3jgcHOJhA?feat=directlink

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angeline, I can't bear to give it away because it actually fits the rest of my body. Most other shirts are way too big.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh and Angeline, I thought about the plain tee but don't actually have any. I have thicker shirts that I call Tees and I wasn't sure how those would look. I never thought of the dress. Not sure what dresses I have that would work though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - I'd have never guessed. They do look similar in photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Callie but now I'm wondering if red would go with it. I thought pink went more before but the pink never photographs well and people constantly think that it is red. But also in general I have been looking for colorful shoes and one of the colors was pink so then I could do pink necklace and pink shoes or something like that. I fail at finding color though. I don't think people were color in Pittsburgh because it is impossible to find.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooh, but i LOOVE the buttons on the back of your skirt, yes, yes i do! AND your earrings. i have some weird arm issues with button down shirts as well. kind of annoying...even moreso when it's painful circulation-depriving. man, i love this ensemble. you look fab.
    -brittney
    http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brittney, thank you. Those earrings are new and I feel like the style doesn't match my necklaces. I'm scared.

    Monica, thanks.

    ReplyDelete