Friday, April 22, 2011

Friend Friday: Inspiration

Fashion Beauty Friend Friday has been around for a year. (Actually a year ago last week but I got busy and didn't do my Friend Friday post.) I haven't participated that long but when I did start, I went back and answered 10 or so older ones so it's like I've been around awhile.  We are answering the same questions that were asked last year. Also check out everyone's answers this year.
Not related to the post but cute.
1. Which celebrity (celebrities) do you look to for fashion inspiration?
Is it sad that I don't look to any for inspiration. I can't even think of a single one that I have tried to copy ever.  Celebrities always seem to be wearing something that is far too expensive so I avoid considering them as inspiration. It's not that I look at them and think how I couldn't be inspired, it is that I look at them and don't even notice the clothes.

2. When it comes to your own personal style, what inspires you?
What looks good on me and what I see on other bloggers is my inspiration.  I cannot tell you how other bloggers have inspired me. I really wish I knew about fashion/style blogging prior to June 2010.

3. How do you hope to inspire your readers?
I hope to inspire them by showing that I'm an everyday person and have a life and my life doesn't revolve around fashion yet I can still throw together some decent outfits. I also hope to inspire in more ways than fashion. Actually that's pretty minor. I like to describe and show all that I do and how I organize events and help others. I like people to see that and then have it encourage them even if just a little bit to do something nice for someone.  I hope that my interactions with readers are inspiring.

4. Outside the realm of fashion who/what inspires you?
The last thing that I note and told others about something that inspired me was when a heavier guy ran the 30k. It was very touching and inspiring. It makes me think that I can do it too.  Anyone doing anything that is out of my comfort zone inspires me a little bit. A lot of things inspire me that are related to health, but before right now I never realized the theme. I have been sitting here pondering everything and it is mostly things related to someone's health.

5. And since Idol is ending… Which songs inspire you?
None. I don't ever listen to music on my own. I don't listen to music when I run. I do say that I should listen to music when I run but then I don't even know what songs to listen to. I told my husband he should make me a running play list. He may have actually done that but I wouldn't know because I haven't tried to play music from my iphone.

4 comments:

  1. It's not sad that you don't look to celebs, that's awesome in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kimberlee. I thought I was weird/sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bloggers inspire me also, more than celebs. I do find that their clothes are out of my price range, but if you break it down and notice the pieces they're wearing, it's easier to copy (like if Nicole Richie is wearing strappy sandals, an asymmetrical printed dress and a jean jacket- and then do your own version, doesn't have to be identical).

    xx Kara
    Sprinkles in Springs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kara, Thanks for the advice. I really don't even think I notice what celebs are wearing. I even watch shows then later people talk about outfits on the people and I can't remember and have to go back to the show just to look it up and see what I overlooked. I am oblivious or something.

    ReplyDelete