Monday, April 26, 2010

Earth Day

Thursday was Take your Kid to Work Day. I had volunteered to help with that. It started at 7:30AM so I didn't have time to go to Body Pump which ends at 7:30. We were told we would get breakfast. We get there and learn it is just for the kids and parents.  Volunteers didn't know what to do. There weren't clear directions given. Then someone goes to lead an activity and does it wrong. I have a lot of post-job brief type criticisms to bring up. All volunteers wore green because of Earth Day.  One of our activities dealt with Recycling for Earth Day.  It was a recycle relay and it was no good. Kids were bored. It was boring to facilitate. Oh well.  The other activity was an egg drop.

I couldn't stay for the results because I was so busy with work. As soon as my part was done, I left.  When I left there were tons of donuts let. I took 2. These donuts were big. It was really hard to finish that 2nd one.   Then it came to lunch time and I didn't eat my lunch.  Then late I ate 1/6 of it.

I got asked to do 3 separate things on Friday night.  I never get asked to do anything.  I couldn't do anything because I had to go to Waltz Mill for my PFP (Partnering for Performance = performance review).

I had a meeting from 4-5.  It was for my new organization. It was the first Issue Review Meeting.  If you remember my graph I posted before of how many IRs I had left to assign and the time.  Well in NPP, I had roughly 80-100 to assign and this new organization had 13.  (It is 2 full working days later and they aren't assigned.)  Someone else is supposed to do it. We missed the deadline on 6 because I trusted she assigned them.  I assigned 3 today so they wouldn't miss our metric but already 6 of 13 are going to miss it for April. That's a bad percentage.

Since the meeting went until 5 I couldn't go to Body Pump.  I was 0 for 2.  I was going to run but decided to make it a rest day.

Wednesday I had asked Haley if she wanted to come over for hot dogs after work since we were roughly leaving at the same time and I know she likes hot dogs.  She asked how about Thursday so that is what we did. Well during the work day she invited Jason.  So it was the 4 of us.   I should have left work earlier to clean up or whatever.

I was cooking when they arrived. Then I forgot about the french fries in the broiler. I always set the timer but forgot.  I realized when the smoke alarm went off.  I have never burnt fries before.  So far I've burnt 2 things ever and both were when Jason and Haley were over.

Jason ate the burnt fries anyway.  Only the ones in the center of the tray were burnt. The other ones were very nice and crispy.  I also made a Spanish rice steamfresh and a mixed vegetable steamfresh.   Haley bought pineapple and cantaloupe on her way to our house and cut that up.    It was nice and quick.  I had to think of quick things since I was going to be at work so late.   I worked until roughly 6:15.  Haley arrived at 6:50.  Jason at 7.  We ate a little bit later.   They left around 8:15 and then it was back to doing work.

Haley said next time she'll bring the meat.

I don't think I've gone to a single friends house for dinner since I started at Westinghouse.  I've gone out to eat with people but not to their house for dinner.   I've had people over a lot for dinner.  Maybe I do something wrong to not get invited there or maybe I rarely get invited but those days that I do, I am unavailable to go. I'm not 100% sure which it is.  I'm pretty sure Dave and I don't get invited.  But that could also be that Dave hates going anywhere and especially now with his awful class, he doesn't have any free time at all.

Before I left work I had worked over 45 hours so far for the week. I definitely worked too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment