Monday, April 19, 2010

Awful Monday

I woke up today and such a hard time actually waking up. I kept hitting snooze. I slept way later than I wanted to.  Then I couldn't pick out my clothes. At least my gym bag was ready already.

I didn't have things for my lunch since I forgot my leftovers yesterday.  I took my 2 leftover donuts and a banana in for my lunch.

I was busy all morning with work.   Liza IMed me asking if I wanted to run at lunch. I did pack 2 sets of workout clothes in case something like this came up. Also the plan was to do Body Pump after work so Lunch was the only time left.  But working out at lunch meant I had to get a lot more done a lot quicker.

I ran at lunch. My shins hurt on the treadmill.  I left my cube at 11:28.  I started running at 11:40.  I ran .5 miles at 7.4 mph (4:25 because it takes awhile to speed up).  Then I stretched.
Next I ran 2.0 miles at 7.5 mph (8:17). I stopped to stretch my calves again.
Then I did intervals.  7.0 mph for 2 min, 7.7 mph for 1. 7.0 for 2, 7.7 for 1, 6.5 for 2, 8.0 for 1, 6.5 for 1.  That's 10 minutes and 1.16 miles.  Intervals that I manually changed kept time passing a lot better. I need to keep it up longer I think.
So that's a total of 2.66 miles in 22:42.

Then I went and used the elliptical. I was going to do 20 minutes but did 18 minutes.
I showered and got upstairs.
I was checking my email and getting my ducks in a row for my afternoon.   I had work to do, meeting 2-3, meeting 3-4, presentation to give 4:30-4:40, and Body Pump 5-6 (which I had to get there to change at about 4:45).   It all seemed like it would work perfectly.

Then at 1:05, I discover the meeting is not in the building I was in or even in Cranberry but was at the Energy Center.  I try to call the guy in charge to see if I can present via phone. There is no answer. I tell a coworker of my woes. I get my 2:00 meeting moved to "now" but with no prep.   We meet for an hour starting at 1:11.
I then rush back to the gym to get my clothes. They were in a locker so my ones from running could hang and plus I was going to body pump.

I run back upstairs and pack up and leave.  I eat my banana on the way to the car.
I drive to the EC. While driving, I call Dave to see if he can find me an empty cube with a phone.  He says he'll call me back.  He did.
I get there and go to his cube and then go to a cube 2 down. It was someone's cube but they weren't in.
I was 3 minutes late calling in to the meeting. Then I still had to boot up my computer and get on netmeeting. I got my badge clip caught on the table and broke. It shot pieces all over the cube. A big piece of green plastic is still somewhere in that cube.

That meeting ended at 4:10.  The first 10 minutes of it, I was still stressed and missed a lot of key parts.
Then i checked a few things and shut down my laptop only to realize I should have printed copies of my slides. I had Dave pull them from the public drive and print them for me. That took forever.  I rushed over to the meeting room.

On my way down the elevator some guy who i don't know noted that the other guy is making him look bad by going to the gym and i'm not going to the gym too am I.  Then I tell him no because of my presentation and was supposed to but then the presentation was here.  We talk in the elevator and the entire way to the cafeteria.   Then I get to my meeting at 4:24  but they were talking secret stuff so i couldn't go in early. Finally I could go in. The director in charge was waiting for some other people to join so then I finally reviewed my slides that I created Sunday night at 1am. it was 4:29...I had until 4:30 until it started.
Then my 10 minute presentation that I was trying to keep at 5 minutes lasted a full 30 minutes because they keep beating up the messenger or shooting the messenger depending on how you want to say it

Oh  shortly before 1 I got an email asking when to meet about discussing our answers for the WIN scholarship judging........oops. I didn't start my judging yet. I held off that meeting until Wednesday so hopefully I can get it done. 
And I realize I didn't have on Take Your Kid to Work Day on my calendar....... or the pep the afternoon before. I also didn't know the duration or start time of either thing.

What a day.

After work I went to Johnny Carino's. I got a Turkey and Bacon Panini and Italian Chili.    That was at least good.

I get home and curl up under an afghan. It is almost 8 by this point.  The TV* won't work so while Dave fixes it. I figure why not start my blog posts, so I did.   Now it is 10:16 and I'm about finishing up.  We watched Flash Forward and Fringe. Both are over and I'm ending this post.  I should go to sleep now since I'm heading to body pump for 6:30 AM.

*By TV I mean the recorded TV shows on the computer.  Something was wrong and uses all the processor on shady or something like that. Luckily Dave figured it out and fixed it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment