Friday, April 2, 2010

Pants from College

Last February 2, weeks after my knee surgery, I tried on old clothes.  In that 2 weeks I gained 6 lbs.  I was going through my closet to give stuff to goodwill. I won't just give stuff away without trying it on, even if I hadn't worn it in 5 years.  I got my tripod and rigged it up to take my picture in every outfit.  That was fun. Also, I couldn't really leave the house and wasn't even driving yet, so it really was a lot of fun.  But then I tried on this one pair of khaki pants from college. They didn't fit as you can see.  In August, I tried them on again and they fit.  I didn't try them on sooner so I'm not sure how soon they actually fit. I wore them to work a few weeks later.  They are slightly too short, so then I didn't wear them again until today.  You can kind of stretch them down so they look long enough so the pictures look ok, but once I walk in them they are too short.  I specifically wore them today so I could make this blog post.
February 26, 2009
August 8, 2009
August 20, 2009
Today I did not use my tripod or have someone else take my picture. I think you can tell they are looser now than they were even in August.   I should have tried them on in September, because according to my calendar site, I kind of look thinner back then.  I put on a few pounds in December and didn't lose it and then I put on a few more after the new year and didn't lose that.

PS this shirt is new. Today was the first time I wore it. I have had it for months. I ordered it from Victoria's Secret the day I ordered my red dress. I don't like it. The extra fabric below the chest ends up making a pocket or a puff. It's rather annoying. I should have probably returned it. It has buttons on the left side.  See the bottom of this post for pictures of the buttons and the "puff" the fabric makes.
  

I lifted up my shirt to show that it wasn't even a struggle to button.   In college when I wore these pants it was Fall of 2004. According to my weight graph I weighed about 120-122 back then. (I don't really have the data back that far anymore but I looked at the monthly average one).   I weighed 128 today.  February 26, 2009 I weighed 131.6.  (I did weigh 131 about 2 weeks ago.)  August 8, I was 128.4.  August 20, I was 126.8.  It is awesome to have a calendar site and a weight graph. I can see what I weighed when.  Before my calendar site was some database, I did it manually. Sometimes I put my weight below the date just for fun.   Too bad my calendar site doesn't go back to 2004 to see me in these pants. I lost my hard drive so I don't even think I have my pictures from back then.
Buttons - But it could look like I'm modeling my gowear.
What happens to the fabric if I don't do the following.
I pull it in the back or sides and then the front isn't stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment